• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    There was people out shooting in the neighborhood next to mine last night. And a lot of activity outside. I wasn't about to be unarmed. I thought about calling the cops but eh. I was able to sleep through it

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, there was someone down the street last night that must have had about 90 rounds they shot out of what sounded to be a AK... I thought should I stay upstairs or go to the basement to finish out the night ?

You know if you want to make noise then get a blank adaptor and some blanks or find some fireworks and do it safely... will have to take a look at the roofs around my place to see what there is to report to the insurance company... It's how we start the year off around here...

Now on too other news, the other night out on the range was awesome, my cooking not so awesome, hitting steel at 250 yards in the dark, awesome.... and the campfire along with the military sleep system in a cold winter night was OK if I say it myself... that bag is the sh!!!.... Oh, and this Ruger 77/357 bolt gun is really accurate... Gonna make a favorite out of her.... That is all.....

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Jedi I'm going to start with 9mm and .223/5.56, and if i end up keeping the .40 I might reload for that. I'm using the Lee single stage, I got the 50th anniversary kit a couple years back and just haven't set it up yet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi I'm going to start with 9mm and .223/5.56, and if i end up keeping the .40 I might reload for that. I'm using the Lee single stage, I got the 50th anniversary kit a couple years back and just haven't set it up yet.

Man I asked you last year what you were planning on loading. WHF does it take you so long to answer. :laugh:

For .223/5.56 you might need some more equipment to trim that brass. Now that is a lot of fun. NOT! :puke:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok. Just finished songs #4 (Christmas Eve in Sarajevo), and #5 (Santa Claus is Coming in a Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train).
    I'll be putting them out tonight, actually when I get off INGO.

Christmas Eve in Sarajevo by Trans Siberian Orchestra is comparable to the Wizards in Winter sequence. Fast moving, and complex (different instruments playing different sub-tunes).

I decided to go very simple with Boogie Woogie Train. Mostly because I have chores to get to, and don't want to spend 3 weeks working on a 4 minute song.

Anybody who's seen it, drop on by and check it out again.
    Anyone who hasn't seen it, PM me for my address. So far, everyone seem to like it. Or, they're lying to protect my feelings.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hope everyone is having a great new year on INGO. Had a rough sick day yesterday, and no, was not a hangover. First, I would have had to drink, and second, I have had a couple of those before, so I know the difference.
    Looking at getting cable internet service as well as cable from the same company. Anyone know some good ones in the area?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    There's only two cable companies in the area... Comcast and WOW Internet. They both have thier issues but I think because Comcast is a larger company they are able to keep up with the servicing of accounts better...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    ROLEXRifleman, ya if I post a pic it gets taken down too normally... Don't understand why as normally my pics contain beautiful Gunbunnies models and thier awesome gun's but atlast it is not my decision.... Your right up there with me I guess...

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I'm getting real tired of sitting here at home. Hopefully my Dr. appointment will get me walking correctly again soon without surgery. As much as I currently hate my job, I would much rather be there instead of laying around at home.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    There's only two cable companies in the area... Comcast and WOW Internet. They both have thier issues but I think because Comcast is a larger company they are able to keep up with the servicing of accounts better...

thanks, i knew about comcast, was just wondering if there was another choice. Granted, could always go with AT&T, but not seriously anyway. Oh well, looks like I need to be making an appointment here soon.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have had Comcast and AT&T uverse up here. You can also do DirectTV and they usually bundle internet with Verizon DSL, but I THINK its the same bill, and they give bundle discounts. I believe Dish bundles with ATT DSL.

I really like DirectTV for the service, at least I did when HD was still developing, haven't used them in awhile. What I didn't like was the slower internet.

I think Comcast and ATT have caught up in the HD market so they are much more compelling for bundles now because they have faster internet speeds.

Comcast is my choice, even though its usually a love hate relationship with them. They have a good channel lineup and usually great internet speeds (if you do a slight upgrade). Last I looked you could get 200-300 channels, 20 meg internet, and unlim calling for $119.99.

Currently I am on U-verse (different than normal ATT) and its been driving me nuts. It did get better once I talked to customer retentions and got a nice package deal. There are a lot of things I dislike about their service, and a few I like, but its the only one that runs to my house currently. My newest deal is u-300, 18 meg internet and unlim calling for $130, but like I said, it took awhile and I had to talk to customer retentions to get it.

If you want to know more about my dealings with each company feel free to PM me. I have had all the services at one point or another.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe I'm odd man out but do you really need cable TV? :dunno:
    We have just comcast for internet and nothing else.
    No cable TV, no landline either.

Lots of ways to watch TV over the net now a days.
    - netflix
    - hulu
    - youtube
    - abc, nbc, cbs all have the ability

I don't watch TV so I don't miss cable TV (had until middle of 2012 when I got rid of it). Kids are youtube and pbskids.org junkies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom