• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    As too mags for the Saiga 12... I like the 12 shot Promag concept but only if MDArms were to bring one to production.... Don't normally like Promag manufacturered mags with a couple exceptions...

I did try changing out the gas plug on mine with a MDArms after market one but that made the gun not reliable at all, so I believe that means that the gas hole isn't correctly drilled in mine but it doesn't matter as long as I keep it stock up front... It runs everything I've put through her and everything that Cliff45, GOW, Jedi, and a number of other INGO people put through her.... At a couple of the meets there were so many spent shot shells on the ground after shooting her that you literately couldn't walk on the ground around the shooting area or for that matter see the ground....

Sooo I'll keep her...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll see your:
    And raise you a:
    picture.php

Meh...
    1) that girl can't compete with the original catwomen j. Newman. Mmmeeeaaahhhh
    2) that girl does not play with LEGO bricks...

:p
    The ones I posted **all** do!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'd post some hot young ladies pictures on here that can not only shoot well but build thier own firearms, and reload thier own ammo.... but I'd get banned in a heart beat... Sooo you guys will just have to take in the Lego girls and BillB's wife... hahaha...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'd post some hot young ladies pictures on here that can not only shoot well but build thier own firearms, and reload thier own ammo.... but I'd get banned in a heart beat... Sooo you guys will just have to take in the Lego girls and BillB's wife... hahaha...
    Link?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    WHATS UP NWI!

We just joined the 21st Century and bought teh internets. and HD cable.. and a DVR.. ugh.

I hate myself right now.

I'll be up in NWI this weekend if anyone wants to hang... well, not hang per se, but hang out. Can't shoot though - ammo is too expensive.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'd get another Detonics MTX

I ever tell you that you suck?
    Is now a good time to remind you that I have 2 of them. One the pre-production prototype and the other the first production gun ever made?

How much are they? I checked their web site and didn't list a price! I'm sure it's like most things that don't show a price, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" :lol:
    $1500.00 + shipping + transfer fee.

xfrostybeersx said:
    So Bob, looking for a 1911, and the OD Springfield Loaded Champion would take about 6-9 months to order, is there some else that looks like the SF in a diff brand for around the same price? 4" barrel / 45acp.
    Detonics has an all American made gun (the Springfield Armory guns use a lot of imported parts/frame) that is a traditional 1911, Commander size for $850.00.

LINK TO PHOTO => http://www.detonicsdefense.com/disp....jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1346187686183

SPECS:

4.25" Full Size 1911
    Stainless Steel Frame and Slide
    Bull Barrel - Bushingless Target Grade
    Graphite Black Cerakote finish over Stainless Steel
    Aluminum Grips
    Government Style Sights
    Ed Brown Beavertail Safety
    4lbs Trigger Pull
    Detonics Hammer
    Checkered Main Spring Housing
    Detonics Match Trigger
    Short/Wide Thumb Safety
    7 + 1 Magazine Capacity (1 Magazine Included)​

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    WD, Interesting read, but ask all that have run literately thousands of shot shells through mine out at the M&S's at Winamac and maybe I just have a ruby out of the rough... Mine has run like a top.... occasionally a hiccup or two with ribbed shells when using the drums, but not on the SGM 8 round mags or the Saiga 5 round mags... I didn't clean it at all for two years on the range and it just kept shooting... She is a keeper.... Now with that said I do like my M37, the Mossy 500's, the Remy 870, the Nova, and even the Sportsman 58 but the Saiga is the all time favorite for just unleashing lead down range...
    Is yours converted? I'm waiting til the storm passes to convert mine.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ericwp, the trigger hasn't been moved on it yet... but it does have enough parts changed to allow the high cap mags...

Dansgotguns, you could always get a Caspian Arms slide and frame and slowly assemble a one of a kind 1911A1 45..... You could throw money at it over a longer period of time to get what you want too... rather than ploping it all down at the same time... although I will second that Melensdad's 1911A1 Detonics are awesome one of a kinds per sey.... If you want to shoot my Caspian bring 45 acp ammo to a M&S and let me know your want me to bring it beforehand...

BillB, I'm working on some more shots of Tiffany and Krissy, I'll hit you up soon....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... I'll be up in NWI this weekend if anyone wants to hang... well, not hang per se, but hang out. Can't shoot though - ammo is too expensive.

Come out to the NPCCC Tac Shotgun Match (Sunday morning) with $10 in your hand and I'll supply the gun and ammo ... assuming they don't cancel.

... you can't bear hold the platform ...

You kill me sometimes. What does "bear hold" mean? ... or did you mean to say "bear to hold?"

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Come out to the NPCCC Tac Shotgun Match (Sunday morning) with $10 in your hand and I'll supply the gun and ammo ... assuming they don't cancel.

You kill me sometimes. What does "bear hold" mean? ... or did you mean to say "bear to hold?"

I'll have to let you know. We are travelling back on Sunday :(

Thank you though.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    "no more than 10 imported parts in it." without a muzzle attachment and with a US made mag, I count 10 parts. So as long as the hicap mag (3 parts) is US made, should be gtg. Am I wrong?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The insanity deepens. A 525 round value pack of .22lr ammunition for $180 ... not in the classifieds, not on an auction site, but from an online retailer! :faint:

*ADDED ... it sold out in less than four minutes.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ericwp, that sounds right...

WD, I'm remembering who these guys are and what prices they are charging...

Cabelas has 25 rd 1022 Butler Creek steel lip mags in stock for 26.99 I believe as of this afternoon... That is more normal pricing... this obnoxious pricing going on is just gonna make me not buy from these guys in the near future when things come back to normal... The manufacturers are starting to catch up...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD, I'm remembering who these guys are and what prices they are charging...

Cabelas has 25 rd 1022 Butler Creek steel lip mags in stock for 26.99 I believe as of this afternoon... That is more normal pricing... this obnoxious pricing going on is just gonna make me not buy from these guys in the near future when things come back to normal... The manufacturers are starting to catch up...

The problem is people are paying it! Is this the new normal? $180 is about nine times more than normal! ... and it sold in less than four minutes! It was just garden variety .22 40grain LRN from Blazer Brass. A supposed Value Pack.

Precision Rifle Supply is the vendor.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    What's to say vendors don't throw those up there, then mark it out of stock as if somebody bought it. Just to incite the hysteria.:runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom