Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Take the door off and the shelves out of the inside and it gets much more manageable to move. Mine was around 920 lbs and truly it took me and one other person. Had two others there in case, and they helped balance it on a few occasions but it wasnt bad. Get a decent appliance dolly and maybe 2 people on the bottom of the dolly going down the stairs to control the descent and yo should be good. Moving the door was much harder to me than moving the body of the safe.

Don't know enough people to make this happen nor do I want to take the risk of injuring myself or others. I had a patient practically sever his lower leg off when the vending machine they were moving fell too far back on the dolly, lost his balance and the dolly handle smashed clean through his legbones.

@dan

Skip cabelas for the safe. This coming for a loyal cabelas buyer.
    Go with johnson safe.ingo advertisier, safe made here in indiana out of thicker steel then even the most expensive commerical safe. He will deliver and install for you. Paint it ny color you want. I got the only PINK safe in indiana. =)

As much as I would like to, the price difference is quite significant especially considering the $300+ I have saved in Cabelas points. I haven't ruled them out but we're talking about $6-800 difference in the same size. Haven't compared specs yet.

@ Dan

For Johnson safes Phil & Sons in CP carries them. They are located at Summit and Madison. Their show room has a few of them to check out and the sales guy is pretty cool.

Side note: DeVries huh? You a wooden shoe?

Maybe I'll check them out. Yep, 3rd generation from the boat.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes johnson safes are more $$$ but also much better specs.
    He uses a thicker steel gauage then any of the commerical safes unless you go the custom order route with them. The sizes Ithink are the same but you don't get a large selection of color choices with the cabelas ones. Johnson is any color you can paint a car you can do on a safe. Plus his safes will withstand a higher fire rating then the rest.

Also imo go with a spin dial lock no electronics. Should the emp come you want to get into the safe.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ND
    AD

ND Negligent Discharge. Someone broke the rules. Preventable by the operator.
    AD Accidental Discharge. Load your gun, rack it back, when the slide goes forward, bam. AD. Gun malfunction, whatever. Not preventable by the operator of the weapon.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    @dan

Skip cabelas for the safe. This coming for a loyal cabelas buyer.
    Go with johnson safe.ingo advertisier, safe made here in indiana out of thicker steel then even the most expensive commerical safe. He will deliver and install for you. Paint it ny color you want. I got the only PINK safe in indiana. =)
    :postpics:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Here you go

815E7FB2-710F-4C3A-BEF5-29FF4EB4E222-6026-00000A07BFD025A4_zpsc7081824.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm in SJ, no snob. But, I've only got the address, I'm unincorporated county so I spose it don't count.

You and I can no longer be friends. You are a SJS just like the rest from SJ.
    Just asked Wild Duece he is the original SJS (SJ Snob). :D

:D that's me! :rockwoot:

Sorry Chef Larry I was on a mobile when I posted that so it was hard to link to the thread.

Lots more picks here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._safe_to_real_pink_cadillac_johnson_safe.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom