Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    SWEET :rockwoot:

That is one of the guns on my "buy" list. I've had P14-45 magazines since the old AWB. Just never got around to buying the gun. Someday I will.

-----------------------------------------------​

As for my new career as volunteer Fencing Coach for Lowell High School, well looking back at yesterday's practice, I think it was a very successful one.

My wife found some agility drills that allowed the kids to do their footwork, but still have fun doing it. Some of the athletes on the team had done similar drills in other sports so they got to lead the other kids.

She also found a hand/eye/reaction exercise that uses a tennis ball. The kids broke up into pairs, one kid was supposed to perform a LUNGE and catch the tennis ball. The kid throwing the ball was supposed to throw short, making the one performing the lunge reach to his fullest potential. Easier to describe than to do. Some of the less coordinated kids had serious problems tossing a tennis ball.

Me, I survived another day. My shoulder is not nearly as sore as the day after the first real practice. I talked to some of the kids and they said they were sore the day after our first practice too. So I don't feel quite so old!!! My arthritic wrist is also not in pain today. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

We still have no equipment but we passed out some order forms and told kids they needed to purchase their own fencing glove. Girls also need to order their own chest protector. If they get those 2 items, and they wear a heavy sweatshirt, then we can actually set up some practice bouts with kids LIGHTLY hitting each other.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Anyone going to run the shotgun match next Sunday at NPCCC?

From NPCCC Facebook:

Next Sunday, March 10th, 2013
    Tactical Shotgun, 9:30am
    $10, 50+ rounds birdshot, 8 slugs in side match.
    Setup Saturday 3pm,
    Help needed

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    That sounds like an interesting gig. Also sounds like you're having fun with it. :)

My wife grew up in Lowell, graduated from LHS in '87. Her parents and most of her relatives all live there.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Ladies and gents, competition season is upon us. First weekend in April is USPSA in Chesterton and the third Sunday is 3 gun at bend of the river. This is a great time to get into shooting with a purpose and still having fun.

I can provide:
    1. Handgun, holster, and mags (USPSA and 3 gun)
    2. Rifle, mags, and mag carriers
    3. Shotgun, shot shell carrier

You will need:
    1. Pistol mag carriers

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya but where you gonna get the ammo... LOL... sorry just thought I would add to the conversation..... Hope you guys have a lot of fun out there...

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    well hopefully one of these days I can find some powder and primers and bullets and have an extra stream of ammo. Along with ammo from outside sources I hope to have a steady supply.

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    Hey folks I have a couple questions if you don't mind. First off , this secret squirrel club house you all speak of is this the shop a couple doors down from the hotel on 30 in Scherillville ? Also is there usually a INgo member there , I have some questions I would like to ask a more senior INgo member if they don't mind.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Ok NWI INGO. I am in the works on a group buy. I found out I can get Esee Knives chesper than thr knife ladys group buy so I figured I would let NWI INGO in on it. I am working out the details now, just wanted to get the word out. Maybe get an idea of how many are interested.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I don't think Melensdad is gonna like being called a senior member ... LOL...

Yeah that gives dad a case of the ass.

Mom is okay with it though.

1101 is the hangout, a few doors down from the hotel sounds about right.
    While INGO guys (and gals) do frequent it, they're not there all the time.
    Lately I've been coming in on Thursday evenings, most other guys go during the day and you can usually catch Melensdad during morning/afternoon.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Hey folks I have a couple questions if you don't mind. First off , this secret squirrel club house you all speak of is this the shop a couple doors down from the hotel on 30 in Scherillville ? Also is there usually a INgo member there , I have some questions I would like to ask a more senior INgo member if they don't mind.

Yes that would be the place. Your best chance to find a INGo member there would be Wednesday thru Friday from 10:00 till 2:00. I go on Thursday mornings and there's two to three INGO members there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

But... but... melensdad is OLDER than dirt calling him a senior member is a compliment. =)

Btw just finsihed freezeing out here at the dunes maple syrup farm.
    @Bill B you were right and wrong.

ONLY the vistior center has the no guns sign. There are 4 tour stops 3 outside and then one inside the actual farmhouse. Well the farmhouse has no sign I looked everywhere and took pics and nothing. Ssssoooo it is possible to carry in all the place except the vistor center which is the start of the tour. More on this in another post later.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Ladies and gents, competition season is upon us. First weekend in April is USPSA in Chesterton and the third Sunday is 3 gun at bend of the river. This is a great time to get into shooting with a purpose and still having fun.

I can provide:
    1. Handgun, holster, and mags (USPSA and 3 gun)
    2. Rifle, mags, and mag carriers
    3. Shotgun, shot shell carrier

You will need:
    1. Pistol mag carriers

We need to talk. Need to get in on some 3 gun me thinks. I have MOST of what I think I need, just need to pin some things down.

OK, who was it. Got behind you around winfield/LOFS and followed you all the way to 2 & 30. Someone going to Blythe's this morning?

20130302094148.jpg

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That sounds like an interesting gig. Also sounds like you're having fun with it. :)

My wife grew up in Lowell, graduated from LHS in '87. Her parents and most of her relatives all live there.
    Fencing is a really cool martial arts sport. Totally different than anything else I've ever been involved with. The kids at Lowell seem pretty enthused about starting up a team. I'm the armoror and assistant Saber coach for Marian Catholic H.S. in Chicago Heights, plus I'm one of the armorors at the N.W.I. Fencing Club in St John. My wife is a teacher at Lowell and "volunteered" me to be the Saber coach for their new team. So far I'm having fun, but its a lot different being the coach than being an assistant coach. I have some organization skills to learn.

Here is a video of what I coach. The girl on the left is my daughter when she was a sophomore. The girl on the right is a senior at Culver Military Academy who also fenced in the Junior Olympics. My daughter won 5 to 0 in the bout lasting only 32 seconds. I did not coach my daughter (she's too mean).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMfniaOMNY

But... but... melensdad is OLDER than dirt calling him a senior member is a compliment. =)
    I'm usually at the cigar lounge (1101 W. Lincoln Hwy, Schererville) from 9am to about 2pm most weekdays. Lately I've been coming in late 2 days a week because I've got a sick dog that needs twice a week trips to the Vet for treatments. But generally I'm around morning through mid-day. Sometimes as late as 4pm.

Thursdays and now some Fridays are becoming more popular with INGO members, again, mostly during the mid-day.

I'm typically gone most every day at the end of the school day because of my volunteering at Marian Catholic HS and now at Lowell HS.

As for being called a 'senior' member, well I am older than most of you. With age comes wisdom. :oldwise:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom