• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

OK, I admit that I go to a gun show about once every 5 years. Last show I attended was the Indy 1500 and that was 3 or 4 years ago and I went in unarmed. Before that show I attended a show in Merrillville, I was armed. The officer at the door asked me to disarm, I pulled my weapon, dropped my magazines and racked my slide as per his instructions. But that is what he told me to do.

But, based on the description of what happened at the Crown Point show, a guy comes to the door, the officer asks for his gun. The officer drops the magazine. The officer pulls the trigger and discharges the bullet in the chamber.

How is that the gun owner's fault??? The officer knew the gun was loaded, so why did he pull the trigger? Should he not have racked the slide to eject the round from the chamber?!?

If the officer asked for a loaded gun then how is it the fault of the gun owner? :dunno:

Mommy and Daddy are fighting again.

[sits in the corner sobbing]
    It's not my fault.
    It's not my fault.
    It's not my fault.
    Shut up kid and tell mommy to put her Legos away, I'm tired of stepping on them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was there at the CP show when the ND happened.
    My dad and I were in the west wing. No screaming or yelling so we moved to the next table.
    Nice to know what happened though.

I couldn't find any mags for Black Betty. There were some at Blythes, but I refuse to pay $70 for a mag.

I also was looking for sights for Black Betty. I did not see ANY.

My dad was looking at lasers and laser/flashlights for his 1911. But he has to do some research and think about what he wants.

Jedi, I don't feel like going back and looking through a dozen pages. That trip to the Dunes wasn't a school event was it?????

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Didnt know pulling the trigger was involved in a chamber check. I think I am going to request a refund for any training I may have had that taught me the incorrect way...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @acteon
    ARE YOU CRAZY A SCHOOL TRIP!!
    1) I don't do school trips f*** that
    2) School trips are automatic :nono: rolling gfz so
    3) see #1

By the same token unless the school trip is during school hours my daughter does not do them.
    I'll take her and a select amount of friends later/before the 'school event' if need be. Before if the event requries a report of some sort.

The trip today was with her girl scout troop. It was the mother hen, 3 other moms, myself and a mom/dad with their little baby boy + 13 girl scouts who are all brownies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:facepalm: you wanted to make the news hu?
    :rofl:

Mommy and Daddy are fighting again.

[sits in the corner sobbing]
    It's not my fault.
    It's not my fault.
    It's not my fault.

Go do your homework!!!

Didnt know pulling the trigger was involved in a chamber check. I think I am going to request a refund for any training I may have had that taught me the incorrect way...

I told you to go get real training in gary! They will teach you side way shooting, drive bys, how to buy more ammo for your clips, and if you are true gangster how to show the gold plated desert eagle. :p

But nnnnnoooooo you wanted to go to a real school. :faint:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    @acteon
    ARE YOU CRAZY A SCHOOL TRIP!!
    1) I don't do school trips f*** that
    2) School trips are automatic :nono: rolling gfz so
    3) see #1

By the same token unless the school trip is during school hours my daughter does not do them.
    I'll take her and a select amount of friends later/before the 'school event' if need be. Before if the event requries a report of some sort.

The trip today was with her girl scout troop. It was the mother hen, 3 other moms, myself and a mom/dad with their little baby boy + 13 girl scouts who are all brownies.

Funny thing Jedi, the Girl Scouts have better policy than the Boy Scouts when it comes to parents carrying.
    Girl Scouts don't usually have a shooting program, but parents can carry if legally allowed to.
    Boy Scouts have shooting programs, but parents aren't supposed to carry.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'm looking at buying a real gun safe. Looking online Cabelas has pretty sweet sales right now on their Liberty safes, but with curbside delivery. I need it moved downstairs. I can carry the safe through the yard to the deck/back door with my tractor and from there it's a straight shot through the door and down the stairs to my basement.

But from the deck I have no way of getting it in and down the stairs. Looking at somewhere between 700-1100lbs safe. As for getting a couple guys together to bring it down, I don't think I know enough people to help and even then, moving that kind of mass down the stairs is a bit too much risk. When I built the staircase, I built it with full 16" on center bracing along both stringers for the purpose of getting a safe down so that's covered, it's just the actual moving of the safe down the stairs I can't do myself.

I have nowhere to put it upstairs, nor will I have a safe in the garage.

Are there any local NWI rental places that have "crawlers" for rent or anyone recommend a moving company that could get it down the stairs?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh you would love the mother hen.
    she or the family I suspect owes guns. She goes hunting for deer and has a southern accent. This troop is very new under 1 year old. I 'might' tell them about the winamac youth day but not sure yet. I've only had small talk with the mother hen. I'm the only dad that ever attends the events. Most of the parents just drop off the kids.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Take the door off and the shelves out of the inside and it gets much more manageable to move. Mine was around 920 lbs and truly it took me and one other person. Had two others there in case, and they helped balance it on a few occasions but it wasnt bad. Get a decent appliance dolly and maybe 2 people on the bottom of the dolly going down the stairs to control the descent and yo should be good. Moving the door was much harder to me than moving the body of the safe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @dan

Skip cabelas for the safe. This coming for a loyal cabelas buyer.
    Go with johnson safe.ingo advertisier, safe made here in indiana out of thicker steel then even the most expensive commerical safe. He will deliver and install for you. Paint it ny color you want. I got the only PINK safe in indiana. =)

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    @ Dan

For Johnson safes Phil & Sons in CP carries them. They are located at Summit and Madison. Their show room has a few of them to check out and the sales guy is pretty cool.

Side note: DeVries huh? You a wooden shoe?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ Dan

For Johnson safes Phil & Sons in CP carries them. They are located at Summit and Madison. Their show room has a few of them to check out and the sales guy is pretty cool.

Side note: DeVries huh? You a wooden shoe?

Ooohhh that Idid not know. Same price and his website? Are they built to order or can you take a floor model. I'm thinking of getting another one in the future (2-3 years)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just ordered a Gunfighter Mod 4 as well as forward assist assembly and ejection port assembly from BCM (oh and a sticker). Hope the hype is worth it. Gonna try the mod 4 on the middy and then see if I need a med or lg for the 6.5 w/scope.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Ooohhh that Idid not know. Same price and his website? Are they built to order or can you take a floor model. I'm thinking of getting another one in the future (2-3 years)

Not sure if the prices are the same. You can either take a floor model or have one custom built. Stop in and check em out.

What does ND mean btw?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom