Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I took the Utah/Arizona/Florida CCW class at Cabelas. I didn't really learn anything new but got a couple of booklets to look over and paid 15 bucks for the 2013 edition of a book listing the basics of CCW laws in individual states. I will be good to go in 38 states when I get the applications processed.

They will have another class in April.

Im kicking myself for not grabbing a few boxes of Hornaday 9,mm defense loads that were there when I arrived but long gone after the class:(

10mm was there in abundance

Lots of Chino pants on sale at about 70 percent off

How much that permit cost you? I am looking at getting my Indiana lifetime, but want to make sure i have the funds before I go doing that. Would like to have a couple permits so I am covered, although not traveling much anywhere, anytime soon, still better to have and not need then not have and need. Pretty much like carrying

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It is 1975 and older. You would no be able to get your licens plates. You us to be able to get a 10,000 pound license plate but they got reed of the loophole.

Found out about the 11,000 plates last week when I went to get the new 2013 plates and had to get the emission test this year. Emissions test are required every two years.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    How much that permit cost you? I am looking at getting my Indiana lifetime, but want to make sure i have the funds before I go doing that. Would like to have a couple permits so I am covered, although not traveling much anywhere, anytime soon, still better to have and not need then not have and need. Pretty much like carrying

By the time all the dust settles It will probably cost 300 bucks for all three cards A to Z including the class.

I woudn't worry about the emissions too much. I recently moved my 84 K20 from Ill to In. The GVW was large enough to be exempt in Ill but not in In. I was sweating the test pretty bad. The engine was beyond shot, it was using about a quart of oil every 150 miles, it had a worn out Qjet from another engine, and made about 100hp from the 350. It came with the air injection system from the factory, but it had been removed long ago. It passed emissions with flying colors. It came from the factory without a cat converter and didn't have one for the test.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I did notice with the emission test, they now only hook up the car to the computer plug under the dash instead of the probe in the tail pipe and the rack for the rear wheel to run in and move all over the place. BIL got his car tore up on that machine and had to get it towed away to get it fixed.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I did notice with the emission test, they now only hook up the car to the computer plug under the dash instead of the probe in the tail pipe and the rack for the rear wheel to run in and move all over the place. BIL got his car tore up on that machine and had to get it towed away to get it fixed.

That all depends on the year of your car. I have 93 Toyota Camry and it goes one the rack an gets it tailpipe probe. The wife's van is 05 and it just gets plug in to the computer.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    ouch and oops. Good luck, hope they turn up soon. You tried calling Blythes and seeing if they had been turned in?

No, but I should. I keep telling myself I just misplaced them. I know I didn't leave them IN the range, because I was the last one out, and I cleaned up on my way out. Might have dropped them in the parking lot, or on the stairs.

Would you believe, I've never, EVER lost my keys before? :laugh:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I met the wife at Carmax today. The durango was sold, but the traverse was still there. We took it for a spin. Its pretty nice and its loaded, DVD player etc, only think it doesn't have is backup cam. I got nix'd on the Audi A4, but I guess its for the best. We're going to check some dealerships in the area to make sure we cover our bases, but I think I'm going to be sucked into another car payment.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Well I met the wife at Carmax today. The durango was sold, but the traverse was still there. We took it for a spin. Its pretty nice and its loaded, DVD player etc, only think it doesn't have is backup cam. I got nix'd on the Audi A4, but I guess its for the best. We're going to check some dealerships in the area to make sure we cover our bases, but I think I'm going to be sucked into another car payment.

Traversssse

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Anyone know what there are? I got them in a trade a while back and want to sell them but have no idea what they are.

IMAG0371_zpsefb78b31.jpg

IMAG0372_zps1d140119.jpg

IMAG0373_zps3df6a3c1.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ammo off course.
    It goes BOOM when you shoot it and soon enough you will be a criminal if you don't register it and since that ammo is real big and can shoot a plane down you will have to turn it in as well. :faint:

--purple where needed--

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    TZ indicates that it Israeli surplus 7.62x51.
    It's M80 ball spec or a little hotter.

Should be boxer primed but brass has been known to be brittle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom