• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    So we went back to Carmax to see what they'd give us for my wife's car. Offered us about $3k UNDER TRADE IN value. I literally laughed at the guy and said I wasn't interested. Called a family friend in Wabash that has a Chevy dealership and he said he could probably get us full trade value if we're interested. He's got almost the same Traverse. We are going to think it over and then either do that, or maybe try private sales. If anyone's interested in a 2010 Nissian Rouge let me know.

Lesson:
    If you don't have a trade in, Carmax has decent prices. If you have a trade in, sell it privately or go somewhere else.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    So we went back to Carmax to see what they'd give us for my wife's car. Offered us about $3k UNDER TRADE IN value. I literally laughed at the guy and said I wasn't interested. Called a family friend in Wabash that has a Chevy dealership and he said he could probably get us full trade value if we're interested. He's got almost the same Traverse. We are going to think it over and then either do that, or maybe try private sales. If anyone's interested in a 2010 Nissian Rouge let me know.

Lesson:
    If you don't have a trade in, Carmax has decent prices. If you have a trade in, sell it privately or go somewhere else.

Traverse!!! :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @aclark

How much you asking? What is the current mileage?
    Will it fit the PINK wagon, 2 coolers, a pop-up canopy, and 3 riffle cases?
    It's a v-4 right?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That witch would ban BB guns if she could.

Why would you insult witches like that?

WITCH_Elvgren_Riding_High_1_1000_122_290lo.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Walked into the lounge today and there was Bill B sitting there . . . and a bulk pack of 22lr was sitting in the back. Hour or so later aclark shows up with a box of empty brass and other stuff. Haggling and trading ensued.

Maybe we need to change the name to the NWI INGO TRADING POST so people don't get confused and think this place is actually a cigar lounge?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Walked into the lounge today and there was Bill B sitting there . . . and a bulk pack of 22lr was sitting in the back. Hour or so later aclark shows up with a box of empty brass and other stuff. Haggling and trading ensued.

Maybe we need to change the name to the NWI INGO TRADING POST so people don't get confused and think this place is actually a cigar lounge?

What you need to do is get an FFL

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

There was no haggling, although it was like a scene outta goodfellas..."you got the stuff for that thing" "the first thing or the second thing" "I didn't know we were doing the second thing" "yeah, bot things" "ok, yeah" "ok"
    All the while Diann is shaking her head.
    and then Melensdad and aclark start talk Norse mythology, something about Grendel and 100 yards was too far to walk for the right Grendel mag:dunno:

Oh, and I had a cigar too, just don't tell the wife.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just had a BEAUTIFUL example of a Georgia Detonics ServiceMaster in the shop. Looked like it was brand new, only the smallest amount of wear on the rails betrayed a NIB status. WOW, makes me wonder if I need to expand my collection beyond CombatMaster models.

A seriously fine example of a hand fitted, hand built Commander size 1911.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom