Portage
    images_JustForMen_1__zps2aff1a99.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I got an infraction....here's what happened. Guy posts 2 guns for.trade, in the post says he will take cash +trade but has no idea how much cash. Post is 2 weeks old. I ask if hes positive he doent have a cash number he can think of so I can figure out a trade because I'm 100% willing to buy just need to know what he wants. My infraction was for discussing cash when it was in a wtt thread...but the guy talked about cash first. I understand it was some what breaking rhe rules (I did read them before I dis my first post on INGO) I just figured since the OP mentioned cash I could too. Thoughts?

I'm gonna probably get another one, but this is a serious question => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...8-ar15_complete_lower_w_pmag.html#post3833125

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks yes it was Hathcock who I was thinking of.
    Neither of them compare to the all time sniper
    Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

& what makes that guy even more impressive is he used just iron sights unlike all our boys and everyone else with their optics.

Just like our current US swimmer Phylps (??sp??) who is the fatest when he uses his sci-fi spedos unlike our 70's american swimmer who swam all hairy with swim trunks. But that is thetopic of a different story.

Still what a shame. That guy leaves a family behind. :(

You can't compare any of them to each other. Here's why:

The numbers aren't exact because the term used is "confirmed kills." Who knows how many crawled off or were carried away by their buddies to die elsewhere. The official numbers remain classified (for the Americans) so "over 150 confirmed kills" could mean 151 or 751. I like what Chris Kyle said in an interview. He stated the only number he was concerned about was the number of American service members that would return to their families because of his actions.

I still like Hathcock because he was (as already pointed out by Actaeon) in a jungle environment. He often had to stalk and work for days to get a single kill. Not to detract from the other two but it seems like they were in target rich environments with support ... apples and oranges. BTW, Hathcock did not have the most kills in Vietnam. That honor belonged to an Army sniper, I think.

As for scopes, they don't make you a better shooter. Scopes only help you see your target. They can make things easier, such as range estimation (mil dots and the current crop with built in range finders) and deciding to take the shot or not (is that a combatant or civilian?). The basics will always apply. Interestingly enough, the link to Häyhä doesn't say at what range he was shooting. It does say all his kills were within a 100 day span (around 5 per day). That sounds like a very target rich environment. On some of his busiest days, he was actually surrounded (along with his unit) and even had to resort once to using a submachine gun (the alleged 200 kills he acheived with that weapon were not counted towards his sniper tally). Now, if I knew at what range he was making his shots, I might be more inclined to be impressed if they were at great distance with irons. However, if he was plinking guys at 300-400 yards with irons ... meh.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :facepalm: I can always count on INGO to take it to the extreme. :laugh: :laugh:

Whatever you do south of your neckline is between you and your spouse/significant other/arresting officer/photographer/etc. I was talking about everything above the shoulders. ;)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, well if it works for you enjoy it... if not de-friend her...

I would love to get rid of the grey hair, and the feeling that I'm not 21 anymore too...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom