• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I need a new phone carrier. I just had an epic meltdown on live chat with Sprint/Nextel.

Suggestions?

I just need to make and receive phone calls. I don't watch YouTube. I don't text. I don't Skype anyone's Twitter on Facebook. I can read a paper map. I don't need to know who the latest Hollywood whore is sleeping with so "web surfing" is out. Just reliable phone service.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    Be a real man, grow a beard. Grey in color is preferred.

word!

IMAG0310.jpg

since November :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Went at 11am no line. Show id, sign a paper and that was that.
    Last time when Ifirst bought the house I recall having to go to 2 places to file for homestead and mortage exemption. Guess when you refi u just need to file the mortage excemptipn again with the new loan info. :dunno:

U r jelouses my house can take a direct hit and still make it. :p
    Btw until this past week I still did not know who this guy was.

I thought the greatest sniper was some guy from back in the 'nam era who had a ton of confirmed kills. So did this guy surpas him? Or did he have a longest shoot? I think the brisith hold that title right?

:faint:

Surpassed the number of confirmed kills. Both of them (Carlos Hathcock as well as Chris Kyle) have numerous unconfirmed (or classified) as well.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    You can't compare any of them to each other. Here's why:

The numbers aren't exact because the term used is "confirmed kills." Who knows how many crawled off or were carried away by their buddies to die elsewhere. The official numbers remain classified (for the Americans) so "over 150 confirmed kills" could mean 151 or 751. I like what Chris Kyle said in an interview. He stated the only number he was concerned about was the number of American service members that would return to their families because of his actions.

I still like Hathcock because he was (as already pointed out by Actaeon) in a jungle environment. He often had to stalk and work for days to get a single kill. Not to detract from the other two but it seems like they were in target rich environments with support ... apples and oranges. BTW, Hathcock did not have the most kills in Vietnam. That honor belonged to an Army sniper, I think.

As for scopes, they don't make you a better shooter. Scopes only help you see your target. They can make things easier, such as range estimation (mil dots and the current crop with built in range finders) and deciding to take the shot or not (is that a combatant or civilian?). The basics will always apply. Interestingly enough, the link to Häyhä doesn't say at what range he was shooting. It does say all his kills were within a 100 day span (around 5 per day). That sounds like a very target rich environment. On some of his busiest days, he was actually surrounded (along with his unit) and even had to resort once to using a submachine gun (the alleged 200 kills he acheived with that weapon were not counted towards his sniper tally). Now, if I knew at what range he was making his shots, I might be more inclined to be impressed if they were at great distance with irons. However, if he was plinking guys at 300-400 yards with irons ... meh.

Well, even Kyle acknowledged all the work that Hathcock had done for sniping. While the record may have been broken, that does not make what he did any less amazing. Over 40 years between the two of them, which means one held it for an amazingly long time. As I stated on my last post, those are the confirmed ones. Unconfirmed and Classified were not counted, so who knows how many either of them have. As both of them stated, they were SAVING lives by taking those shots. Hathcock was finally given an award after his death, because he did not want it while he was alive, for pulling burning troops out of an Amtrac. Both ARE heroes and will always be.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    KLB, Shot one of those at a suppressor shoot a while back and that is like not shooting anything at all.... very accurate too.... Have fun...

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I need a new phone carrier. I just had an epic meltdown on live chat with Sprint/Nextel.

Suggestions?

I just need to make and receive phone calls. I don't watch YouTube. I don't text. I don't Skype anyone's Twitter on Facebook. I can read a paper map. I don't need to know who the latest Hollywood whore is sleeping with so "web surfing" is out. Just reliable phone service.

Soooooooo you want a rock? :dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Suggestions?

I've had the best coverage with Verizon.

Maybe you should look into prepaid.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

Suggestions?

Straight talk. $45 a month. Unlimited everything for the price at&t charges for like 400 minutes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom