Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll never understand the Glock hatin' around here. Sure, it ain't pretty, but it'll run forever..as long as it's not chambered in .40S&W :D

I think it just boils down to you either like them or hate them. No in-between for the GLOCK. :puke: When I first learned about handguns my instructor gave me all sorts of handguns to try out (GLOCKs included) without telling me any name brands and/or caliber. The GLOCKs just did not feel right to me. It felt like I was holding a brick. Since then my no-love for them has grown and grown.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'll never understand the Glock hatin' around here. Sure, it ain't pretty, but it'll run forever..as long as it's not chambered in .40S&W :D

They hate what they fear.

383414_4220098374131_673692716_n.jpg

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I think it just boils down to you either like them or hate them. No in-between for the GLOCK. :puke: When I first learned about handguns my instructor gave me all sorts of handguns to try out (GLOCKs included) without telling me any name brands and/or caliber. The GLOCKs just did not feel right to me. It felt like I was holding a brick. Since then my no-love for them has grown and grown.

Have you even touched a GLOCK since that first time?

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I'll admit, I hate the look of the full sized, long slide Glocks. But the baby Glocks (26,27,33) are awesome IMO. The only complaint about those is that the thumb recess is too low on the frame for my combat grip.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I didn't like GLOCKs at first contact either. Too "blocky" or as Jedi put it, felt like a brick. It didn't seem to "point" right (naturally) either.

However, I didn't close my mind to them and continued to shoot them. I still don't like the aesthetics but I can't argue with the fact that I shoot my GLOCK very well and I like how it's set up. I also can't argue with the reliability, ease of operation, and low-level end-user maintenance demands. I can modify it for competition in less than five minutes and change it back to carry configuration in another five (if I wanted to ... I don't).

I carry a GLOCK 19 with the best carry trigger set up of any gun I own. I love that trigger ... smooth pull, no mush, crisp break, almost zero overtravel, and predictable/consistent reset.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Have you even touched a GLOCK since that first time?
    Yes but only once more at a meet & shoot 2 years ago.
    I don't recall whose GLOCK it was. It was big and just as brickish as I recall.

I'll admit, I hate the look of the full sized, long slide Glocks. But the baby Glocks (26,27,33) are awesome IMO. The only complaint about those is that the thumb recess is too low on the frame for my combat grip.

Now this I did not know. I thought all glocks were big and brickish. Did not know they made 'baby' glocks.

Hum.. perhaps Ishould bring some bleach to wash my hands next time we are at the meet & shoot and try a glock again.

Oh Imust be running a fever to even think that!!!
    I didn't like GLOCKs at first contact either. Too "blocky" or as Jedi put it, felt like a brick. It didn't seem to "point" right (naturally) either.

However, I didn't close my mind to them and continued to shoot them. I still don't like the aesthetics but I can't argue with the fact that I shoot my GLOCK very well and I like how it's set up. I also can't argue with the reliability, ease of operation, and low-level end-user maintenance demands. I can modify it for competition in less than five minutes and change it back to carry configuration in another five (if I wanted to ... I don't).

I carry a GLOCK 19 with the best carry trigger set up of any gun I own. I love that trigger ... smooth pull, no mush, crisp break, almost zero overtravel, and predictable/consistent reset.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    See if anyone has a G36 they'd be willing to bring to the M&S. It's a single stack 45. Not nearly as thick in the handle as the double stack. I've got one on layaway right now, but it won't be paid off in time I'm afraid.

OMG we got Jedi thinking about Glocks!!!!11

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I allocated 90 minutes. Took 60 minutes total time, and that included 10 minutes in line at the Starbucks on Stoney Island getting a Grande Soy Caramel Macchiato, followed by a tour of Hyde Park to show my daughter the neighborhood around U of C (its one of the schools that is recruiting her for college). She fences saber in tournaments at U of C but she never has driven through the Hyde Park community so I gave her a mini-tour. May take her back the same way and go around the north side of campus and past the U of C hospital, the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House, etc.

Traffic on 394 was running at 70mph all the way up to 94, which was then running about 65mph up to Stoney. At Stoney the traffic on 94 came to a dead stop on 94 as it rounded the curve for the transition from the Bishop Ford toward the Dan Ryan. So I got off at Stoney and ran that north, then east to L.S.D. then up L.S.D. at nearly 80mph. Got to the museum so early that we parked at the Adler for about 10 or 15 minutes just to kill time until the Field's doors opened.

I expected a lot more traffic.

Got to go back and pick her up at 4:15. Hope to beat the outbound traffic out of the city so I hope she comes out on time.

Great. Stoney island is often a better route, especially if you are going to LSD anyway.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I've tried a couple of them, WD's .45 and Lone's 9mm compact. I was very accurate with both of them, but did not like the feel of either of them, especially the compact. Someday I may own one. For now there are many other guns I want. :ar15:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I've tried a couple of them, WD's .45 and Lone's 9mm compact. I was very accurate with both of them, but did not like the feel of either of them, especially the compact. Someday I may own one. For now there are many other guns I want. :ar15:

This will never cease to be an issue. I don't know anyone who thinks they own enough guns.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I swear I'm still ever so slightly hung over from the Woodchuck and Kraken, I've felt like crap since Saturday morning.

A couple good dumps and I should be good as new. :D

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region

I love my G26! It's a great IWB carry piece, and it's accurate as can be. :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Great. Stoney island is often a better route, especially if you are going to LSD anyway.

Went back up there this afternoon the same way. No traffic. The ride home I took 94 down to 394. Hit a little snag where the skyway splits off from the Dan Ryan but other than that it was smooth running. The diesel engine in the Jetta showed 44.7mpg for the round trip fuel economy average and I know I was doing 70mph on the way home.

VERY cool. I might see you there sometime. I'll be the guy with the camera gear. I have a friend with an 8 year old that's getting into fencing. Cheers!
    Visitors are always welcome.

As the high school season is just starting up I will be at the club only sporatically. More frequently on Wednesdays, less so on Mondays, unless the schedule changes, or something breaks, or . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom