• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    There is a window tint, car stereo, customizer on US 41 just south of US 30 next to the SPEEDWAY gas station (gas station is located at 77th ave & US41). I've never been in there but they seem busy and they seem to have expaned. Its in the strip mall next to/north of the SPEEDWAY.

KUST M TINT & GRAPHIC phone # 322-5322

If you want to leave your car there I can probably pick you up and bring you to the cigar lounge while they work on it. Its only a few blocks away from the 1101 lounge

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    There is a window tint, car stereo, customizer on US 41 just south of US 30 next to the SPEEDWAY gas station (gas station is located at 77th ave & US41). I've never been in there but they seem busy and they seem to have expaned. Its in the strip mall next to/north of the SPEEDWAY.

If you want to leave your car there I can probably pick you up and bring you to the cigar lounge while they work on it. Its only a few blocks away from the 1101 lounge

Never noticed that place before. Have to check them out.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Not a formal INGO event, but this Thursday OCT 4th during the evening from 5:30 to 9pm at the 1101 Cigar Lounge is our regular CIGARS & GUITARS. We will also be having a factory rep from multi-award winning HC CIGARS and XIKAR accessories. There will be snacks/finger foods and coffee/water/soda for those who want to drop by to listen to the music, talk guns or maybe even try one of the new HC Habano Squared cigars.

oooo I loved all the HC cigars I had, I need another. I gotta try and make that event.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    If you find a good one let me know. There's a place in merrillville on merrillvile rd north of 30 a few blocks. Last time I went there they wanted me to make an appointment so I left.

Mike @ kust-m has taken care of several of my vehicles

Thanks guys. I actually had their website bookmarked already. $110 for a coupe. I'll probably end up going there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    repeter and I just got back from Best Buy. My router was down all day. Takes a while to troubleshoot when I still have to go to work and do other chores. Maybe I should buy a spare router, hub, and cable modem?

Ericpwp, look like fun.

T_Star looks like her bacon cupcakes are becoming famous.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    repeter and I just got back from Best Buy. My router was down all day. Takes a while to troubleshoot when I still have to go to work and do other chores. Maybe I should buy a spare router, hub, and cable modem?

Ericpwp, look like fun.

T_Star looks like her bacon cupcakes are becoming famous.

Let me know if you need help. Networking is what I do for a living.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If you want to 94 you can figure on about 90 minutes. Stoney Island is faster some times. There is a message board a few miles before the exit between 130th and 115th. If it says 30 minutes or more to the Loop, take Stoney Island. If it is under 30, stay on 94.

I allocated 90 minutes. Took 60 minutes total time, and that included 10 minutes in line at the Starbucks on Stoney Island getting a Grande Soy Caramel Macchiato, followed by a tour of Hyde Park to show my daughter the neighborhood around U of C (its one of the schools that is recruiting her for college). She fences saber in tournaments at U of C but she never has driven through the Hyde Park community so I gave her a mini-tour. May take her back the same way and go around the north side of campus and past the U of C hospital, the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House, etc.

Traffic on 394 was running at 70mph all the way up to 94, which was then running about 65mph up to Stoney. At Stoney the traffic on 94 came to a dead stop on 94 as it rounded the curve for the transition from the Bishop Ford toward the Dan Ryan. So I got off at Stoney and ran that north, then east to L.S.D. then up L.S.D. at nearly 80mph. Got to the museum so early that we parked at the Adler for about 10 or 15 minutes just to kill time until the Field's doors opened.

I expected a lot more traffic.

Got to go back and pick her up at 4:15. Hope to beat the outbound traffic out of the city so I hope she comes out on time.

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    followed by a tour of Hyde Park to show my daughter the neighborhood around U of C (its one of the schools that is recruiting her for college). She fences saber in tournaments at U of C but she never has driven through the Hyde Park community so I gave her a mini-tour.

Fencing? That's awesome! Does she have senior portraits already? I'd love to add something like THAT to my portfolio.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Fencing? That's awesome! Does she have senior portraits already? I'd love to add something like THAT to my portfolio.

No, she has the senior portraits coming up this month. Yes, she is co-captain of the fencing team at school and also a member of the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club in St John. She started in 7th grade. Entered her first tournament in 8th grade at Purdue University against members of the Purdue Fencing Club, ran several of them off the back of the strip. They did beat her, but she showed them a little kid (at the time) was not incompetant. Also in 8th grade she entered a high school tournament and beat her future team members and took 3rd place in a Chicago regional tournament, then went on to join the Marian Catholic Fencing Team the next year, being the first kid to fence both against and also for Marian Catholic.

If you want to get into fencing then join the N.W.I. Fencing Club. We meet every monday and every wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30. No experience required. There are intro lessons for Saber that start up about every 3 months, the head coach is Marc Ryser, he's 3 blade certified. Dale Block is the beginner coach, as well as the head Saber coach at Marian Catholic. We also have 2 other coaches at who fence at our club, one teaches Epee and the other Foil. It looks like we may also be starting up a team at Lowell High School (next year?) as one of our Foilists is now an English teacher at Lowell. I'm the assistant armorour for the club, the main armorour for Marian Catholic and the back-up armorour for the Homewood-Flossmore H.S. team. I also do the armory work for the Tinley Park Fencing Club becasue they don't have an armorour for their club.

Link to the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club website (yes, there are parts out of date, I'll be there tonight updating the website) ==> NW Indiana Fencing Club, St John, IN

Members of the club range from 8 years old up to their early 60's. We have about 50% adults and 50% kids as members.

Here is a 32 second bout of my daughter taking apart (yes, I was proud of this bout) a fencer from Culver Military Academy. Melen is on the left. The red lights on the scoring box on the table are her scoring. She won 5 to 0, the 1 "double touch" was awarded to Melen by the director.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMfniaOMNY[/ame]

Last edited:

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    No, she has the senior portraits coming up this month. Yes, she is co-captain of the fencing team at school and also a member of the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club in St John. She started in 7th grade. Entered her first tournament in 8th grade at Purdue University against members of the Purdue Fencing Club, ran several of them off the back of the strip. They did beat her, but she showed them a little kid (at the time) was not incompetant. Also in 8th grade she entered a high school tournament and beat her future team members and took 3rd place in a Chicago regional tournament, then went on to join the Marian Catholic Fencing Team the next year, being the first kid to fence both against and also for Marian Catholic.

If you want to get into fencing then join the N.W.I. Fencing Club. We meet every monday and every wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30. No experience required. There are intro lessons for Saber that start up about every 3 months, the head coach is Marc Ryser, he's 3 blade certified. Dale Block is the beginner coach, as well as the head Saber coach at Marian Catholic. We also have 2 other coaches at who fence at our club, one teaches Epee and the other Foil. It looks like we may also be starting up a team at Lowell High School (next year?) as one of our Foilists is now an English teacher at Lowell. I'm the assistant armorour for the club, the main armorour for Marian Catholic and the back-up armorour for the Homewood-Flossmore H.S. team. I also do the armory work for the Tinley Park Fencing Club becasue they don't have an armorour for their club.

Link to the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club website (yes, there are parts out of date, I'll be there tonight updating the website) ==> NW Indiana Fencing Club, St John, IN

VERY cool. I might see you there sometime. I'll be the guy with the camera gear. I have a friend with an 8 year old that's getting into fencing. Cheers!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom