• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I think I'm gonna try switching to the old shaving soaps and a safety razor. These Mach 76's or whatever they are irritate my skin and cause my tn to flare up. Just ordered a bager brush, some Taylor of old bond sandelwood shaving soap, a merkur 180 razor w/10 safety razors and some soothing sandalwood aftershave gel and a Alum block so I don't bleed to death.

Also got a free trial of amazon prime which upgraded me to free 2 day shipping, after which I will cancel the prime.

Anyone use the safety razors for shaving anymore, or are you all new age using 98 blades at once or doing the electric thing?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So are we going to see andy like this?
    shaving1.jpg

Or perhaps he will do this?
    britney-shaved-head.jpg

You are looking at getting one of these right?
    220px-Chrome-Safety-Razor.jpg

When I first started to shave I used one of those to learn with my grandpa but somewhere down the line I switched over to disposables as it ws just quicker and easier. You can't compare the shave between the one above and the cheap disposables. :(

What I would really like to try is these.
    Straight%20Razor%20Set%20Category%20Shot%20400.jpg

I hear that with those the shave is real nice and smooth and last for several days. Me rigth now I do 3 passes with the disposable and sure it's smooth for 1/2 day but by nights end it's feeling stubby again. :xmad:

I wish the doctors/scientist could find some type of injections like botox where the hair falls off and stays off! I'm willing to suffer the pain of face injections so long as I don't have to shave anymore.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm about to jump in the shower then head to the lounge, with a quick stop to buy dog food and salt.

That's the razor I'm getting, I'm getting the brush and cup for the shave soap too. After I get this down I may give the striaght razor a try. Or if I don't I can always head to the new barber in town, they'll do the straight razor shave for $12 bucks I believe, or $22 for a cut and a shave.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    That's the way I learned how to shave. I did that for 4 year then I discover shaving cream in a can and disposable razers and never look back.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You got to be good with a straight razor... or you will look much worst than that guy in Jedi's picture.... and maybe be in one of those hospitals...

Ya, I gave up shaving... it takes up too much time when you could be making more money to give to the Govment....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm about to jump in the shower then head to the lounge, with a quick stop to buy dog food and salt.

That's the razor I'm getting, I'm getting the brush and cup for the shave soap too. After I get this down I may give the striaght razor a try. Or if I don't I can always head to the new barber in town, they'll do the straight razor shave for $12 bucks I believe, or $22 for a cut and a shave.

ooohhh do tell where?
    I think the barber in EC on Chicago Ave (where melensdad's once has a biz) still does old fashion straight razor shaves with the hot towels. Not sure as it's been forever since I have gone there for a hair cut.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I do not want to fill out Army paperwork for the VA this morning, but its due today. Stupid paperwork. Oh, and my medical board should be coming up soon. And next week I get scanned again, so Ill find out if im needing more treatments. AND a wedding coming up. Good thing I have nothing going on until the end of the year. I so cannot wait for the meet and shoot this weekend. Have a new rifle and pistol to "test" fire and break in.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I wish the doctors/scientist could find some type of injections like botox where the hair falls off and stays off! I'm willing to suffer the pain of face injections so long as I don't have to shave anymore.

It's called laser hair removal.. :P

BTW.. I hate my job.. I won't be able to come to the shoot... :(

We fired two people and lost another, so now there are only 8 people working at my store, which means no time off.

Ever.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nice day.

Not for the Commutters of the South Shore Train. I heard that there were major delays 1+ hours for training going into Chicago today due to a blown up sub-station that killed the electrical lines.

The 1st train (mine) was ok but everything after that had delays.

@t-star did it affect you?

It's called laser hair removal.. :P

Ever.

laser hair removal does not work that I know of for beards.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Also.. I wish I had my KYCCDW. I hate not feeling comfortable carrying. I usually end up NOT carrying even though OC is legal down here.

Sigh.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    ooohhh do tell where?
    I think the barber in EC on Chicago Ave (where melensdad's once has a biz) still does old fashion straight razor shaves with the hot towels. Not sure as it's been forever since I have gone there for a hair cut.

In cedar lake, in the strip mall where Chelsea's Mexican restaurant is and across from south side pizza. Can't remember the name, but they have a flat screen tv, comfy chairs. Pretty nice place.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Not for the Commutters of the South Shore Train. I heard that there were major delays 1+ hours for training going into Chicago today due to a blown up sub-station that killed the electrical lines.

The 1st train (mine) was ok but everything after that had delays.

@t-star did it affect you?

laser hair removal does not work that I know of for beards.

Minimally. I was on time to catch the 6:46 and walked into a station full of people. The announcements were going, and there were rumors of the train not getting to EC til 7:30. It was there at I think 6:57. I was only five minutes late for work.
    Hopefully it doesn't affect the trip home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom