• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD, I like the overwatch idea, but that would probably be mis-read as premeditated in some way... I think the best idea is to put some type of blast shields across all access points and have them lock once the alarm has gone off... keeping the lttle rascals inside safe and sound for the police to pick up later...

Yeah, overwatch was a joke, hence the purple. Someone would (correctly) see it as premeditation. Though, along the same lines, it would be funny to see their reaction when they see a laser dot playing on their chest. On a serious note, what Melensdad needs, is something that would make your average thug take a look, decide it isn't worth it, and move along to the next cigar shop. In other words, total and complete deterrence.

@Melensdad ... Sorry the parasites picked you again. How does the insurance work on this? Do they view the product loss and property damage as a single claim or are they treated separately? Did you pick a deductible or does the industry set it for you based on predetermined factors?

@GOW ... Just thought of this ... Do you guys need anything? Will you need someone to drive you around or pick anything up for you? Are you set for groceries? household items? errands?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I live in the neighborhood that's commonly deffered to as meth alley. I found out 1 week after I moved in. Other then getting burgers stole off my grill, destruction of my old frog pond and change and CDs stole from my car, and the brick thrown through the back window of my rental car, and my shed being broken into and the guyseeking through my front window watching wheel of fortune with me, and then the time some guy opened up my back door and was chased off by my great Danes and my little 38 special; it's actually a pretty safe area.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Yeah, overwatch was a joke, hence the purple. Someone would (correctly) see it as premeditation. Though, along the same lines, it would be funny to see their reaction when they see a laser dot playing on their chest. On a serious note, what Melensdad needs, is something that would make your average thug take a look, decide it isn't worth it, and move along to the next cigar shop. In other words, total and complete deterrence.

@Melensdad ... Sorry the parasites picked you again. How does the insurance work on this? Do they view the product loss and property damage as a single claim or are they treated separately? Did you pick a deductible or does the industry set it for you based on predetermined factors?

@GOW ... Just thought of this ... Do you guys need anything? Will you need someone to drive you around or pick anything up for you? Are you set for groceries? household items? errands?

We are good. Thank you for the offer. I had cortisone injected into the tendons of my ankle. I had to be done under fluoroscope. I am able to walk and such. Feels like he jabbed a pitchfork into it, but no where NEAR the pain Michelle is having. (Morphine is wonderful though)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

The total loss is added up (damage to door + loss of inventory) and then they write me a check, minus the deductible. However, I have a feeling that my rates will skyrocket next year, or they will drop my coverage for theft, or they . . .

So this will cost me plenty in real terms because it will haunt me for years with added costs.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Woot!! Jedi runs like wind and makes the 4:10!
    @andy :rofl:
    I thought i misread that at first
    :xmad:
    I'm on the 4:57. The engineers in my building tripped an alarm & all the elevators were called to the first floor. Being the good scary goth girl I am, I was in the basement when this happenened. So, I had to hang out in the lobby for over 30 minutes while building management got their :poop: together & figured out how to fix it. The fire department was involved. :facepalm:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Today I had one of the finest cigars I have had in years, the Drew Estate Natural Dirt Torpedo. I don't know if they changed the tobacco in them, but the last time I had a Dirt, it was not nearly this good. Today was a fine day to have a smoke on the back porch while reading Why We Suck by Dr. Denis Leary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom