• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad... No no no I won't go there with the whole whats that gonna feel like with real guns and bullets... I learned my lesson with the whole pellet gun incident thingy.. Learned how to use a scalpel, hemostat, suture, and the trick with super glue.. but never want to try that again...

by the way those barbs on the tasers hurt a lot to remove, and theres a whole paperwork thing to get new modules for them after you use em...

Testing and just screwing around is for young folks these days... not me anymore...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I don't know how I looked. I kinda figured "fish in a barrel".
    Damm thing was pulled outta shipping box right in front of me. I agreed to buy it before the damm thing was even logged into their books.

I've been thinking about an AR in .308. But I wasn't going to buy ANYTHING till my truck was paid off ion Feb. So much for self control.

And of course now I need to look at iron sights and red dot.
    And increase my reloading/buying of 308.
    My ruger m77 bolt action was good at slowing me down. This beast is going to EAT.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Did Actaeon look like Bilbo Baggins when he sees the ring?

I think he looked like this :popcorn:

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I shot a little if that stuff you're selling, DK.
    Decent stuff, NATO spec. ran well in the HK(but most everything does) and grouped pretty well. Not match grade, but , good enough for the girls I go with. It is BERDAN primed so not reloadable but until my ejection port buffer comes in my spent brass is a mangled wad of what it once was anyway.

The best 308/7.62 I've come across for reloading is PMC Bronze or PPU. No crimped primer pockets, 150 grain FMJ loading is "close" to NATO spec. (In my experience M1A/M1 garand safe). Brass is good quality too.
    For blasting/less than 200 yards, try the ol' steel cased herters. About $10 a box but occasionally they have a sale and you can pick it up for $7 a box at Cabelas. If you shoot this stuff prepare to adjust your sights (I'm not saying it's underpowered, but its not the same) and take time to clean afterwords because it is DIRTY.

I'll probably try and snag a few more boxes of DK's stuff soon, jump on it while it lasts.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, that kinda looks like me whenever I go to the candy store.... ah I mean Gun shop...

Joe that herters goes through my non-pedigree South african FAL without the need for cleaning it... but she has been through a war or sooo I'm told...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Joe that herters goes through my non-pedigree South african FAL without the need for cleaning it... but she has been through a war or sooo I'm told...

Lucky duck.
    Last time I pulled my bolt assembly apart the bolt body was black and the rollers were all gunky and gross.
    It does fire a little cleaner in M1As but still dirtier than anything else.
    Regardless it's still decent ammo for the given task and the price is like a sore penis, tough to beat.

My offer of $50 still stands on that old FAL.
    Pretty good deal considering how beat up it is.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey my FAL has character.... and she likes it dirty.... and of course sends lead down range no matter where it came from and where it's being launched too...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In the air or water?

@WD looks like you are not alone this week.

Just got a call from someone regarding computer issues. However this time on APPLE :puke: products! Does anyone deal/work with APPLE :puke: stuff?

I got someone with a locked ipod and also ipad and the user can't recall the password. :rolleyes: I'm not interested in learning APPLE :puke: anything and don't even like to touch them. But figured is someone has a lead I can pass along to this poor soul. PM if you do. Thanks

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I thought Mac's never had problems... hhhmmmmm.... wonder what the worlds coming too... ? Guess thier not perfect after all.... good luck...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I think he looked like this :popcorn:

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

Strangely enough, he looked like that at both the gun store AND Hooters. Although, they are more used to us doing that at the gun shop, Hooters, they just try to stay away from our table, least while he is there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Strangely enough, he looked like that at both the gun store AND Hooters. Although, they are more used to us doing that at the gun shop, Hooters, they just try to stay away from our table, least while he is there.

I was wondering why the girls never come by the table while I'm there.
    Soon as I go to the bathroom, come back out, and all the girls are at the table talking to repeter.
    Soon as I sit down, they all leave.
    Enough to make me check my breath, body odor, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom