• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Melen needs to be at the FIELD MUSEUM at 9:00am on Monday. The lovely Melensmom, has suggested in her kind and charitiable way, that Melen should not drive herself but rather that I should provide the taxi service to get Melen up to the museum. Now, with a voice that is shrill enough to scare a herd of prehistoric mastadons, I am not going to be one to refuse her kind request.

So my question is . . . WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO LEAVE NWI to get her to the FIELD MUSEUM at 9:00am? Presume we leave from the intersection of US 30 and US 41.

It normally takes me about 50 minutes from my house to Chinatown, but I never drive during the morning traffic rush hour. How much extra time to I add for rush hour traffic?
    Your quickest route would be Skyway to Stoney Island to Cornell to 57th to Lake Shore Drive. It will cost you $4+ each way in tolls.

If you want to 94 you can figure on about 90 minutes. Stoney Island is faster some times. There is a message board a few miles before the exit between 130th and 115th. If it says 30 minutes or more to the Loop, take Stoney Island. If it is under 30, stay on 94.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Your quickest route would be Skyway ...
    But it takes me forever to get to the Skyway. I live several miles outside of Lowell at the intersection of "No" and "Where," just west of "Nothing" and south of "that big barn by the corn." I could literally get to where the skyway dumps off onto the Dan Ryan in the same amount of time it would take me to drive up to the Skyway entrance in Hammond.

Its much faster for me to cross the state line, run up IL 1 to IL 394 to 94 than it is for me to go east 41 and then up through all the stoplights . . .

o0o0o.. suicide aired lived on fox...
    Yup. Not good. They will catch all sorts of grief for that. Shep did a pretty good job of apologizing for that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But it takes me forever to get to the Skyway. I live several miles outside of Lowell at the intersection of "No" and "Where," just west of "Nothing" and south of "that big barn by the corn." I could literally get to where the skyway dumps off onto the Dan Ryan in the same amount of time it would take me to drive up to the Skyway entrance in Hammond.

Its much faster for me to cross the state line, run up IL 1 to IL 394 to 94 than it is for me to go east 41 and then up through all the stoplights . . .

Yup. Not good. They will catch all sorts of grief for that. Shep did a pretty good job of apologizing for that.
    Watch for that sign on the Ford then. I have been taking 94 to work for about a year now, and that time to the loop is a good indicator of traffic on 94.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    It was on YouTube, but it was pulled for being offensive.

Im-Sorry-I-Thought-This-Was-America-Randy.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Once it's one youtube is NEVER goes away.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouYokSytV-A[/ame]

It's online and it will be downloaded, shared, etc. Sort of like opening pandora's box.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom