• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It's reassuring to know that there will never be a shortage of people willing to watch (or share) a suicide. :rolleyes:

I must say cudos to the former living person, at least they showed some initiative in keeping the gene pool cleaner. But what can I say, I'm an optimist.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It's reassuring to know that there will never be a shortage of people willing to watch (or share) a suicide. :rolleyes:

I hope the sarcasm was obvious without the purple. Speaking as someone that occasionally deals with the aftermath, I feel that suicide is one of the most selfish and final acts a person can commit. The methods are varied and can be bizarre at times. They scar everyone involved ... family and friends as well as those tasked with dealing with the aftermath or, God forbid, those forced to witness it (in person, not on a sterile, detached computer screen) ... oh, never mind.

Sorry for the buzzkill.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I hope the sarcasm was obvious without the purple. Speaking as someone that occasionally deals with the aftermath, I feel that suicide is one of the most selfish and final acts a person can commit. The methods are varied and can be bizarre at times. They scar everyone involved ... family and friends as well as those tasked with dealing with the aftermath or, God forbid, those forced to witness it (in person, not on a sterile, detached computer screen) ... oh, never mind.

Sorry for the buzzkill.

I will agree with you, it is one of the final acts a person can commit. But instead of seeing it as selfish, I would rather give the person the benefit of the doubt and say he was doing it for the good of society. But again, I'm an optimist.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I agree. It's only selfish if the person has dependent children. Otherwise, I think it's selfish for people to demand a person go on living thru pain bad enough to make suicide their preferred escape. Freedom is a meaningless idea if an adult isn't free to end his own pain.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I agree. It's only selfish if the person has dependent children. Otherwise, I think it's selfish for people to demand a person go on living thru pain bad enough to make suicide their preferred escape. Freedom is a meaningless idea if an adult isn't free to end his own pain.

I would rep you even more if I could.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Sadclown I'm thinking about buying the high point 9mm you guys are selling. Problem is I hate 9mm and promised myself I would never buy any caliber less than a .40 buy I'm drawn to it. Hmmm what to do. I feel since its a cheap gun at a cheap price it would be fun as a range gun since 9mm ammo is cheap. Idk though I really dislike 9mm. Thoughts?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Sadclown I'm thinking about buying the high point 9mm you guys are selling. Problem is I hate 9mm and promised myself I would never buy any caliber less than a .40 buy I'm drawn to it. Hmmm what to do. I feel since its a cheap gun at a cheap price it would be fun as a range gun since 9mm ammo is cheap. Idk though I really dislike 9mm. Thoughts?

clif already messaged me about that gun, my thoughts are which ever one of your gets to the shop the earliest will be the one who buys it.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Why not like 9mm?

Heard to many stories of people living from 9mm gunshot wounds. My personal opinion is it isn't as effective enough of a round for defense. Now I know people have survived all sorts of things, but I like that extra edge of a larger round. Just my personal opinion, not trying to debate anyone here.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Heard to many stories of people living from 9mm gunshot wounds. My personal opinion is it isn't as effective enough of a round for defense. Now I know people have survived all sorts of things, but I like that extra edge of a larger round. Just my personal opinion, not trying to debate anyone here.

I was just curious.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    .40 is so snappy most shooters have problems with shooting low because they are trying to compensate for recoil.

I'm just curious why people even like the .40. Especially after most myths have been busted. Well, at least until you walk into a gun shop that is.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    .40 is so snappy most shooters have problems with shooting low because they are trying to compensate for recoil.

I'm just curious why people even like the .40. Especially after most myths have been busted. Well, at least until you walk into a gun shop that is.

Hmmmm not sure how to take this^

Are you saying gun shops sway people to buy high calibers because they are more expensive and they do so by saying that small calibers have less of a dramatic effect? And anyone who is for .40s are under the magical spell of these gun shops?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Was it Andy who was the other NWI INGO Woodchuck drinker?

Have you tried that variety pack? Has the standard amber and granny smith, but there's also the 802 and Fall varieties. Good stuff, man.

Got it at Highland Meijer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom