• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Wish someone would lower my property taxes....

Jedi, your over the thin red line way too late... get out of there before we gotta send the APC in for you...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    they do things different..... south of the river

deliv01.jpg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    they do things different..... south of the river

deliv01.jpg

I went on a rafting trip in TN. On that trip the guide had this to say.
    "Right here is where they filmed the movie Deliverance. For those of you that haven't see it, it is a romantic comedy starring Burt Reynolds.":laugh::n00b:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I went on a rafting trip in TN. On that trip the guide had this to say.
    "Right here is where they filmed the movie Deliverance. For those of you that haven't see it, it is a romantic comedy starring Burt Reynolds.":laugh::n00b:

That's funny, when I was at Ft Knox, they told me "this is where they filmed deliverance"
    Then I got stationed at Ft Polk, and they told me the same thing.
    Then when I was at Ft Hood they told me the same thing.
    Then when I was at Ft... You see where this is going.

Just like every teacher that I know has had the kids Orangejello, and Lemonjello in their class.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    T-Star, Les is fueling her up....

He will take you for a little test ride before we go for the border, gotta get your whole driving over cars thing down so you don't loose a track....

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I remember one guy would not shut up about it being filmed in the woods behind his house... I googled the guys home address, it was an Atlanta suburb.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Wish I would known u were in the market for one, t's dad has been trying to unload an 03a3 for s little while now. I should prolly post it in the classifieds for him. He's completely computer illiterate

Was kind of the in market for one, seen one at Blythe's and was a Remington in great condition, so put it on layaway for a couple months. Been paying on it. Might be a good idea to try on here though. Get some good deals

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

from demotte whats going on

:welcome: 2 :ingo:
    These links you might find of use to you since you are in "Da Region"!

NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana
    This will allow me to send you PMs (private messages) when new events are coming to our area.

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/234752-nwi_ingo_general_post_part_3_a.html
    We use this thread post for quick communication among the NWI group on gun/ammo sales in the area, special events occuring, and a general FYI. The thread is very long now & most of the post are irrelavent at this point for you but if you subscribe you will get the newest post made to it.

--CURRENT EVENTS IN NWI--
    INGunOwners - 2012 NWI Events
    (Save this link as it is always being updated)

---OTHER USEFUL INFO--
    List of ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-36.html#post2373396

List of gun shops in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-45.html#post2475809

List of training sites in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-46.html#post2478662

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

-Jedi

Also here is two VERY IMPORTANT post so you don't get offended if we call you a redneck since you are south of US-30.
    :D

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-84.html#post2707263
    and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo_general_post_part_2_a-2.html#post2850500

Welcome to INGO. This is the thread where we all talk about bacon, gats, and when jedi is around, Hello Kitty.

Hello_Kitty_gun.jpg

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Loling at how Jedi either didn't notice what I did, or just ignored it.

:dunno: Sorry TV but I feel like cr*** right now. Got off the train last night at 9:40 and by the time I got home it was 10:00pm. Took a shower, looked at mail, fixed lunch, had a very light snack and was off to bed by 11pm. Up at 3:45am and back in downtown by 5:40AM. :puke:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melen needs to be at the FIELD MUSEUM at 9:00am on Monday. The lovely Melensmom, has suggested in her kind and charitiable way, that Melen should not drive herself but rather that I should provide the taxi service to get Melen up to the museum. Now, with a voice that is shrill enough to scare a herd of prehistoric mastadons, I am not going to be one to refuse her kind request.

So my question is . . . WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO LEAVE NWI to get her to the FIELD MUSEUM at 9:00am? Presume we leave from the intersection of US 30 and US 41.

It normally takes me about 50 minutes from my house to Chinatown, but I never drive during the morning traffic rush hour. How much extra time to I add for rush hour traffic?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Melen needs to be at the FIELD MUSEUM at 9:00am on Monday. The lovely Melensmom, has suggested in her kind and charitiable way, that Melen should not drive herself but rather that I should provide the taxi service to get Melen up to the museum. Now, with a voice that is shrill enough to scare a herd of prehistoric mastadons, I am not going to be one to refuse her kind request.

So my question is . . . WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO LEAVE NWI to get her to the FIELD MUSEUM at 9:00am? Presume we leave from the intersection of US 30 and US 41.

It normally takes me about 50 minutes from my house to Chinatown, but I never drive during the morning traffic rush hour. How much extra time to I add for rush hour traffic?

you may have to unblock jedi to get the best response :D
    therese drives in on saturdays only so not the same. maybe klb can chime in.

fwiw, drop her on the southshore train, so much easier. therese and jedi can protect her :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well not that I know anything about getting into the strange otherworld of Chicago as I don't do it all the time... but about 2 years ago I had a contract up in Woodale north of Chicago that I had to go to every day for a month... what a lost that was... 8 hour shift there but it would take between a hour and three hours each way traveling there... Last time I did anything over in that foriegn mess.... Alot some extra time to get through the traffic... cause there will be a lot of it... Good luck going into the belly of the demon...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    you may have to unblock jedi to get the best response :D
    therese drives in on saturdays only so not the same. maybe klb can chime in.

fwiw, drop her on the southshore train, so much easier. therese and jedi can protect her :D

1) The South Shore would be the best, cheapest and easiest option.
    2) The redneck did not offer any hi-points so we can not tell him the secrets of chicago traffic just yet. :laugh:

KLB drives more than me so he might have an even better answer. My drive when I do it are typically 5AM so the traffic at that point is close to zero and that takes me ~35 minutes.

Now if you want a 9AM drop off expect to lose 60 to 90 mins in traffic + travel time. :puke:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :dunno: Sorry TV but I feel like cr*** right now. Got off the train last night at 9:40 and by the time I got home it was 10:00pm. Took a shower, looked at mail, fixed lunch, had a very light snack and was off to bed by 11pm. Up at 3:45am and back in downtown by 5:40AM. :puke:

Whaaaa! Cry me a river, tough guy. I just wrapped up 86 hours at work since Monday morning ... and they were not exactly slow days, either.

@ Melensdad ... I hate to say it but Jedi is pretty close in his time estimations. Safe bet (with a nice margin of error) would be a 90 minute commute (total). That does not take into account major occurances (all of which I have seen at one time or another on my commute) ... suicide on the highway, pedestrian struck and killed, gang banger shoot-out, wrong way dirver crash-n-burn, haz-mat spill, police chase, etc.

I am usually heading home at the specified time and the Bishop Ford / Dan Ryan is hit-or-miss. Some days the northbound traffic is moving along pretty good. Other days it's a parking lot starting at 130th.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom