Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    NWI INGO psyche challenge .

Listen to Rockin Around the Christmas Tree.

Now listen to it again up to the lyric "later we'll eat some pumpkin pie" it kinda sounds like "later we'll eat some f'in pie"

Rewind it and try to unhear that.

Lemme know if I've ruined or improved the song for you. :)

Now

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    TurnandShoot4, off course, the world is NOT going to end in 7 days. The 12-21-2012 date is just a date. Assuming it's the day the current Mayan long calendar ends (Some issues with how we currently track time vs how they did vs how we "transfer" their calendar to ours). It's just that. The mayan's had many long calendars. The "current" one which ends on 12-21-2012 was the 13th long calendar for them. They did have a 14th, 15th, 16th, etc.. I'm not sure how far up they went with them.

In any case the next major Mayan date is on October 13, 4772 when their calendars reach Long Count 1.0.0.0.0.0. The 12-21-2012 date is actually the Long Count 13.0.0.0.0 (note 5 numbers here where as the 4772 date it's 6 numbers).

In Mayan culture the end of a long calendar was a time for celebration as the "god" which was associated with that long calendar his/her time had come to pass and a new "god" (from their list) was set to come and thus they were to worship.

It's been us (the west) that made up all the hype of the end of the world. :D It's a fund count down but don't expect the world to end.

Sorry WD count me out right now. I have lost fail in my countrymen. It might be the cold that still has me down but meh...

So you don't want to take my bet? :cool:

Great quote there.

Pickles told a guy to go get his shinebox.

I don't even know what that means.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It was a group vote. :laugh:

But something tells me that if you ever do grace the hallowed halls of the cigar lounge, that will be the end of days prophecised by the MAYAN calendar.

Well I best hurry then and maybe show up on 12-21-2012. ;)

:+1: on that one.
    Right now I say
    NukeOrbit.jpg

So you don't want to take my bet? :cool:
    Nope. In mayan times when a long calendar ended it just meant a way of life ending and a new way of life beginning. Ie. they now will celebrate to a new god. If you move that forward to modern time and what we are seeing around the world you can make your own deductions.

- change in climate
    - current killings
    - world power changing
    - etc...
    - etc...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    NWI INGO psyche challenge .

Listen to Rockin Around the Christmas Tree.

Now listen to it again up to the lyric "later we'll eat some pumpkin pie" it kinda sounds like "later we'll eat some f'in pie"

Rewind it and try to unhear that.

Lemme know if I've ruined or improved the song for you. :)

Now

I will keep bumping this until I ruin/improve someone's day :)

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    It's not official yet but pretty sure Saturday the 22nd me and my two freinds (and anyone who wants to) who recently returned from Afghanistan (some may know one as Steve, he came with me to a m&s. He had to go back to afghanyland) are going to be at ridge road and 41 in highland protest the antiwar protesters who apparently are there almost every Saturday. Anyone is welcome to show up.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    It's not official yet but pretty sure Saturday the 22nd me and my two freinds (and anyone who wants to) who recently returned from Afghanistan (some may know one as Steve, he came with me to a m&s. He had to go back to afghanyland) are going to be at ridge road and 41 in highland protest the antiwar protesters who apparently are there almost every Saturday. Anyone is welcome to show up.

Is this going to be an OC event?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

I work til noon but I might just meet by there. Those idiots annoy the hell outta me. I appreciate there concept, but the crap they spew from the loudspeakers is ridiculous!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom