• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm running late today. Drinking a cup of coffee at the dinette table now.

Heading out to change the pump on a 500 gallon diesel storage tank that is sitting out by my workshop/garage. The old pump failed, a brand new one gets installed this morning. Hopefully it won't take too long. Then I'm heading up to the cigar lounge for a well deserved rest.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Does anybody have a kindle or nook or something like that?

I want to see if I can get the package form one. It's for a Christmas present.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Just throw it in a drill and git r done ;)

or shorten the spring.

Already crossed my mind :D

That'll be the solution if I don't hear a better one first.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

First, as INGO member Ol Huf would say, get in the shower and wash off the dumb. :D That's something you should do anytime you get the idea to start milling metal or cutting springs on a quality design such as the 1911 without a thorough understanding of the machine. Granted, the mag release doesn't seem like a critical part in the firing sequence but it will become the most critical part if it's the part you need to work in a life-or-death situation. (BTW ... cutting the spring would do nothing to solve your problem.)

Next, take a deep breath, grab some patience and start making phone calls or sending emails. I would venture to say that Bill Wilson and the boys at Wilson Combat know a thing or two about a 1911. A simple phone call or email exchange (with pictures) should get you a solution. You either have the wrong part or a defective part ... something that WC would be happy to fix for you.

I have a Wilson Combat 1911 sitting in front of me right now. I am about to disassmble it and see what it reveals. I will get back to you later with my findings.

legos! Legos!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

First, as INGO member Ol Huf would say, get in the shower and wash off the dumb. :D That's something you should do anytime you get the idea to start milling metal or cutting springs on a quality design such as the 1911 without a thorough understanding of the machine. Granted, the mag release doesn't seem like a critical part in the firing sequence but it will become the most critical part if it's the part you need to work in a life-or-death situation. (BTW ... cutting the spring would do nothing to solve your problem.)

Next, take a deep breath, grab some patience and start making phone calls or sending emails. I would venture to say that Bill Wilson and the boys at Wilson Combat know a thing or two about a 1911. A simple phone call or email exchange (with pictures) should get you a solution. You either have the wrong part or a defective part ... something that WC would be happy to fix for you.

I have a Wilson Combat 1911 sitting in front of me right now. I am about to disassmble it and see what it reveals. I will get back to you later with my findings.

legos! Legos!

thanks! i had no intention of cutting the spring btw, maybe adding groove to the part itself, but that would be a total last resort. i'm gonna call CW here in a bit

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Calling Andy219 . . . Lone, Bill B and I are waiting!!!

Woke up about 10, now I'm hooked on the news. Watching this Connecticut shooting. Never made it out of the house yet.

Last cigarette was smoked at 730 last night. But the more tv I watch the more irritated I get. May buy another pack. People **** me off... Listening to these reports make me madder. :xmad:

Now they're blaming video games and semi-automatic weapons.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm in a war on facebook.

Attackers on all sides.

They are asking for surrender.

Looks like they are going to get "nuts."

Oh let it be ts4, the world ends in under 7 days. :D
    It might get worse as some really believe the world is going to end junk.
    You are NOT going to change anyone's mind on the subject BTW.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nah, thier hanging out in Gary... they do that from time to time...

Now not trying to say anything to upset anyone about the horriffic situation in CT but since when does a sitting President have to visit what in reality is a Domestic Quarrel or Violence case that the locals are suppose to be handleing and how does having a US President do anything for the case... ? Except to be used as a political base for a alternative plan that he was looking for a way to release...

Andy, I'm with you on the whole thing...

It's a terrible shame what has happened to those children and thier families, something that words can't really handle, but they made school zones gun free zones and so they took away any chance of protecting those children with that decision. The FED and the authorities are at blame for allowing the conditions to take place for this incident to happen.... but no one will listen to me... I'm just a gun nut...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom