• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I had my wisdom teeth taken out last week... the one that was impacted still hurts (6 days ago). I'm not sure if it's a dry socket or not - I heard its supposed to be immensly painful with a dry socket.

Right now its just moderately painful. It looks pretty nasty when I take a look with a flashlight... :/

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I had my wisdom teeth taken out last week... the one that was impacted still hurts (6 days ago). I'm not sure if it's a dry socket or not - I heard its supposed to be immensly painful with a dry socket.

Right now its just moderately painful. It looks pretty nasty when I take a look with a flashlight... :/

I had all 4 mine removed, they were painful a couple days after. They gave me viccodin which just put me to sleep while i was still in pain. So, not sure I could help. Is the pain lessening? if its not, then i might go back

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Napalm, You might want to have that checked out... otherwise try some cloves, just chew on it like chewing tobacco and it will relieve some of the gum pain...

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    The pain was pretty bad for the first couple of days, then its subsided to this level of pain. Ibuprofen helps it. I'm not sure if it even clotted properly to begin with.

How long should I leave it before I start worrying and calling the surgeon?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Blythes in wanting to host meet and shoots this winter. What say you INGO? Maybe do the December, January, and February Meet and Shoots at Blythes?
    Same format???
    8-12 night hours on a weekend?
    Jedi personally would be a
    - 0% show in DEC
    - 10% show in JAN
    - 50% show in FEB

:dunno:

I am all in favor of skipping the DECEMBER M+S completely. With holidays, family obligations, etc I think it would be hard to get a good turnout for an event and the reality is that for Blythes to do these they need to make some $$$ to pay their staff. I think they had 6 people working the event???

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sure sadclown could do the notices to give Jedi a break.
    December might not be good. Lot of people broke from Christmas.
    January maybe, but still paying off Christmas.
    February, everyone will be going stir crazy and want to get out of the house.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Agree with melensdad dec is a very busy month for many. Holdiay parties, xmass, new years, shopping, etc. feb is good since by then everyone wants to go back out. Note we have a meet & eat in PORTER county in feb. If we play it right we could do both the meet & eat and then head over to blythes as a big group.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I am all in favor of skipping the DECEMBER M+S completely. With holidays, family obligations, etc I think it would be hard to get a good turnout for an event and the reality is that for Blythes to do these they need to make some $$$ to pay their staff. I think they had 6 people working the event???

Well you can't count the 3 there that were salary. And we really just wanted to be over prepared just in case. We would prolly man the next one with 3 people.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Agree with melensdad dec is a very busy month for many. Holdiay parties, xmass, new years, shopping, etc. feb is good since by then everyone wants to go back out. Note we have a meet & eat in PORTER county in feb. If we play it right we could do both the meet & eat and then head over to blythes as a big group.

I think it is important that we schedule events so that they don't conflict with each other. As Jedi points out, the Meet+Eat could compliment a Blythes Meet+Shoot if the two events were scheduled for the same day, and the times were reasonably coordinated so that people could attend the Meet+Eat and then head over to Blythes for a Meet+Shoot. But if there is too much time between the two events then that would not work well. Further, if the events are scheduled so that one is a Saturday and one is a Sunday then its very likely there would be LOWER TURNOUT for BOTH events and many people will only be able to attend 1 but not both.

Well you can't count the 3 there that were salary. And we really just wanted to be over prepared just in case. We would prolly man the next one with 3 people.
    Understood, but they wouldn't do this if the turnout was sparse. Clearly they need to make a $ or two. Its not a charity. If we expect to continue to be invited by Blythes then we need to turn out in big enough numbers to justify them opening for us, and we need to buy at least enough to cover their costs, plus a bit more.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I like the idea of a meet & eat + blythes meet & shoot all in one day. Especially since this next meet & eat is in PORTER county which will already put us in the correct county. Granted no clue where to eat or what weekend in feb works but Isee that as a possible solution.

Our the winter I want to have time to plam and talk with winamac over the youth day they want. I'm 40% done with the write up but other stuff has come up to take time away from me right now

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Any recommendations for a good compact camera?

There are times when I need a decent camera that isn't attached to my iPhone and that isn't my big Nikon.

Christmas is coming up and all so hopefully I may get one :P

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    At the unofficial Northwest INGO clubhouse sitting in the parking lot waiting for it to open up with my Dunkin' Donuts munchkins and coffee :D

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I would really like to have another M&S at Blythe's... had a great time, but I agree with melensdad that we need to also consider having enough people there to make it worthwhile for them (as well as us...) If it could be combined in Feb that makes a lot of sense, especially for those coming from that "Other County".

There are plenty of good restaurants in Valpo we could combine this with... There is a great Spanish restaurant in downtown Valpo (Don Quixote) if you want to go a little more 'upscale' than Schoops...
    Also Agree... December is bad month for getting together due to everyone's varied holiday plans. January, meh... not so much but then you have to deal with travel weather issues as well as the after holiday blahs...

Credit cards likely more recovered by February ....
    just my 2c...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom