Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    5'11. didnt think that was tall
    It is kinda. To me, at least...I have 5" heels to get me up to 5'11.

boring car stuff... but 5 sec before the end of the video you do get to see these droids which I have been looking for. :drool:

star-wars-bathing-suit.jpg

BTW :+1: to Guthridge. We was able to pop off the M1 carbine flip rear sights and did it for free! Someone forgot to take the new sights so he was not able to install them. :( But with some patients, an old sock and a hammer I was able to finally get the new rear sights in! :rockwoot:

Next month at WINAMAC I'll sight them in. Thanks NWI INGO as this was item 1 I bought with the gift you gave me. I've been taking pictures and once the rest of the stuff arrives I will post.

Now where are those droids?

@T-star now this is lovely!!!
    c3682cac373f5e3041091b17944a866a.jpg
    that is pretty neat. I wonder if I'd get in trouble if I posted the pic I showed you earlier?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm just watching for the ban hammer to come down now... although my images were not allowed more so because I have my website and copyright notices on them.... and for content in some cases... but I'm telling you thier artsy, really.... and they got gun's in them...

Don't be picking on the thugs.... thier protected up here north of 30 don't you know...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It is kinda. To me, at least...I have 5" heels to get me up to 5'11.

that is pretty neat. I wonder if I'd get in trouble if I posted the pic I showed you earlier?

Its border line safe for INGO if I were you just post the link to the image with a NSFW warning. I bet you 99% of our nwi ingo members won't notice what Idid.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Hey NWI ingo, I want to see what you guys think. Sooo my mother in law is coming around to guns (her and father in law aren't fond of me OCing everywhere I go, and were less happy when they found out how many guns are in my vehicle which is often in their driveway) but I am bringing them to the dark side, mother in law told me she wants to buy a handgun and asked me if she should get a semi auto or a revolver. Which I said revolver, she told me thats what father in law said too. Then she says, well I want the judge or the dirty harry and asked what I thought. I Lmao'd for a bit (on the inside) and told her I would get back to her. She plans on buying at blythes since she knows I spend all my money there. Although that's probably the only gs she knows of. Any thoughts? Anyone think semi is better for a first timer? Anyone suggest a certain caliber? Make? Model? I'm bored here, work with me.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well it depends on her intent for use... target, hunting, self defence ? Is she going to shoot it ? Is she going to take a class ? A lot of things go into such decisions...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hey NWI ingo, I want to see what you guys think. Sooo my mother in law is coming around to guns (her and father in law aren't fond of me OCing everywhere I go, and were less happy when they found out how many guns are in my vehicle which is often in their driveway) but I am bringing them to the dark side, mother in law told me she wants to buy a handgun and asked me if she should get a semi auto or a revolver. Which I said revolver, she told me thats what father in law said too. Then she says, well I want the judge or the dirty harry and asked what I thought. I Lmao'd for a bit (on the inside) and told her I would get back to her. She plans on buying at blythes since she knows I spend all my money there. Although that's probably the only gs she knows of. Any thoughts? Anyone think semi is better for a first timer? Anyone suggest a certain caliber? Make? Model? I'm bored here, work with me.

I would say semi autos are so well built now, that should be able to use one without any problems. Personally, I would say 9mm would be a good caliber to start with, for defensive purposes. As for which one, go with which everyone she likes the feel of in her hand. Bring her out to the meet and shoot, so she can hold and shoot a couple different ones. If you would like, i can make sure to bring a lot of them, so she has a couple different ones to try and see which she likes best

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Well it depends on her intent for use... target, hunting, self defence ? Is she going to shoot it ? Is she going to take a class ? A lot of things go into such decisions...

Well its for self defense but honestly I don't think she will carry it, I think she mostly wants for home. She lives next to a registered chomo. I'm still working on getting her shooting and taking classes. I would like us all to take classes, you can never have enough training. But its been a long road trying to get them to come around. Yes they are sheep, but they are my sheep.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I would say semi autos are so well built now, that should be able to use one without any problems. Personally, I would say 9mm would be a good caliber to start with, for defensive purposes. As for which one, go with which everyone she likes the feel of in her hand. Bring her out to the meet and shoot, so she can hold and shoot a couple different ones. If you would like, i can make sure to bring a lot of them, so she has a couple different ones to try and see which she likes best

Id appreciate that, I mentioned it to her about going to the m&s and she seemed interested. We will see.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well if it's just for around the house and she isn't gonna put a lot of time into learning then I would steer towards a K or L frame 38 special/357 magnum or a 4 inch Ruger GP100. The revolver is easy to see if it is loaded by just looking at it and simply disengaging the cylinder will make it safe. Not much to know and easy to repeat after being seen. The heavier gun and larger size will make it easier to handle recoil and easier to aim when needed. If you get it in Stainless it will require less maintenance. The revolver generally doesn't take the same training too operate than the semi pistol does. A revolver doesn't generally have jam's under most cases where the pistol can jam and then she would need to understand how to properly clear the weapon and get the next useable shell in the chamber while the bad guy is aggressively moving towards her... I personnally prefer the Smith's and Ruger revolvers over most of the other manufacturer's not saying that any one manufacturer is worst than another... and if you bring her out I'm sure that repeater and myself and all the rest of the attendee's at the M&S would be very happy to let her take our firearms for a spin...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'd suggest a S$W 500, it's a everything gun. You could take out several perps with one shot or drop an elephant at 100 yards. It's a win/win...

Seriously though the Taurus slimline, Ruger something are both good small decent self defense weapons. I'm also a fan of revolvers, can't go wrong with a 38 or better yet a 357 snubby for the night stand.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure yet. Thursday(s) might be doable, but have to see what our schedule is like. After the horror stories I got yesterday it seems like I wont be doing anything for a long time. :D:D

You won't. Why you put that in purple is beyond me. :n00b:
    Just please don't be like this guy:
    Dad02.jpg

When you change a diaper.
    or we will have to buy you this:
    MrNewDadTeeShirt1.jpg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

Any modern 9mm semi auto.

No matter why she wants the firearm, it always leads back to being fun to shoot.

Fun to shoot-shoots more-enjoys the sport more-more proficient-better for self defense.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Any modern 9mm semi auto.

No matter why she wants the firearm, it always leads back to being fun to shoot.

Fun to shoot-shoots more-enjoys the sport more-more proficient-better for self defense.

Agree, for the most part. Just make sure when shes learning to not get the smallest 9mm that you can find. Just like the guys that get their wives the small 1911s and things like that. When they shoot it, turns out it kicks more then they both like and then one is turned off to firearms cause its painful.
    I would even say, get a 22, while not the best for personal defense, it is a fun pistol to shoot with, and there are plenty of people defending their homes with 22s and successfully defending the home. Granted, a bigger caliber (9mm) is usually way better, Id say might be a good idea to work her way up to the bigger caliber. Have her find a 22 that she loves, and try to find her one that has a bigger brother, so she can "upgrade" later.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Agree, for the most part. Just make sure when shes learning to not get the smallest 9mm that you can find. Just like the guys that get their wives the small 1911s and things like that. When they shoot it, turns out it kicks more then they both like and then one is turned off to firearms cause its painful.
    I would even say, get a 22, while not the best for personal defense, it is a fun pistol to shoot with, and there are plenty of people defending their homes with 22s and successfully defending the home. Granted, a bigger caliber (9mm) is usually way better, Id say might be a good idea to work her way up to the bigger caliber. Have her find a 22 that she loves, and try to find her one that has a bigger brother, so she can "upgrade" later.

I totally agree. Painful shooting is not fun shooting. I can't stand those small pistols at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom