NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I found it interesting Ryobi and Milwaukee are owned by the same company
    That is definitely not a case of being made on the same line just different labels. Ryobi is barely suitable for hanging pictures in the house lol batteries die quick weak. I guess the price reflects that though. And I think they were the first to have the big line up of cordless sharing batteries.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is definitely not a case of being made on the same line just different labels. Ryobi is barely suitable for hanging pictures in the house lol batteries die quick weak. I guess the price reflects that though. And I think they were the first to have the big line up of cordless sharing batteries.
    I know. I had no idea until a lady at Home Depot working for them told me.

I have some Ryobi stuff from before I started buying Yellow. Lost a charger and a battery.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have a Ryobi chemical sprayer and car washer doodad. They're fine for low impact stuff like that but I wouldn't even buy a Ryobi drill.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A friend of mine has a Ryobi Inflator that is compact and works great for tires and goes up to 150 PSI. I am a yellow tool guy and I wish they made the same style tool - but they don't - theirs is much bigger and awkwarder.
    0a6736d374044b67ba87fafd45c90b04.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I used to have a bunch of Makita tools that were 14.4V NiCd before I switched to the DeWalt 20V Li system.
    The Makitas always had a good feel, very ergonomic.

I don't put them through professional stress, just home and cabin stuff.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Ryobi is fine for occasional home use.

I do like their 40V post hole digger.

Ryobi was my first battery drill motor, in the early days of battery tools. Batteries only lasted a few years, mostly light-duty work. But it was what I could afford at the time.

Moved up to a Makita with the next one. It lasted a long time and I could probably use it again with some fresh batteries. But once I invested in the DeWalt stuff, I went ahead and bought drill motor, impact drill, etc ... to match batteries.

There's a few more DeWalt items I want to get that look pretty handy, like a portable air compressor, work light, etc ...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I didn't think these looked very useful at all until I got a work light/flashlight in a combo deal and I absolutely love it. I find they are extremely useful and reliable. They replaced many crappy lights.
    DCL040_5.jpg

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Meh

It is easy to hate on Ryobi but they are actually pretty good tools for typical homeowners. Early batteries sucked. Current batteries are just good enough, and cheap. I've owned Milwaukee and Makita and Bosch, still have some of those too. But I have lots of Ryobi. Over the years I have broken 2 of them. 1 drill and 1 orbital sander. Got 3 other Ryobi drills/drill drivers, including 2 of those that are the original blue color so they are 15 years old. Got 2 of their circular saws, one of which is at least 10 years old. Flipped a lot of houses, built plenty of things with them. They work. Cost less. Go on sale frequently at give-away prices. I'm ok with that.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    T-stars dad had the big set of 18v ryobi, I practically had to give it away to get rid of it. Circular saw, jigsaw, hammer drill, regular drill, light, three batteries, charger plus more I can’t remember, think I was at $150 by the time someone finally bought it all. Woulda just kept it but we already own it all in red

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom