NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    T-stars dad had the big set of 18v ryobi, I practically had to give it away to get rid of it. Circular saw, jigsaw, hammer drill, regular drill, light, three batteries, charger plus more I can’t remember, think I was at $150 by the time someone finally bought it all. Woulda just kept it but we already own it all in red
    Yup, dirt cheap deals can often be found on FB Marketplace and other inter web spots.

I think it boils down to big dick syndrome. People don't want to be seen with the brand, it is looked upon as inferior. It may well be inferior but it is a bargain and most of it works pretty damn well and from my experience it is durable until you throw it around. Not commercial duty stuff. But plenty good enough.

Just off the top of my head, I have 4 of their sanders, 2 triangular, 1 round orbital, 1 belt; the triangular sanders are at least 12 years old. 3 drills, 2 of which are probably 15 years old. 1 SDS impact driver. 2 circular saws. 1 reciprocating saw. 1 jig saw. 1 drill press. 1 table saw. 2 hybrid flood lamps. 1 hybrid soldering iron. 1 glue gun. 1 brad driver. 1 staple gun. 1 glue gun. 1 rotary tool. Probably a handful of others that I can't recall. Many of them are older. Almost all of them have been through several house flips and remodeling projects.

I get the 18 volt batteries during "Ryobi Days" or off FB marketplace.

I've also got several of the RYOBI 40volt tools. They are 'good enough' but not up to the ability of my STIHL or ECHO stuff. Also not close to the prices of the STIHL or ECHO either.

Got a 60volt snowblower and a push mower from Greenworks. Its also good enough, takes 2 batteries to finish mowing the dog run, which is about 150' by about 60', but 1 battery to blow off the kitchen patio and cement path to my workshop and still do the front porch area.

My take is that if you are a tradesman who depends on your tools, then maybe Milwaukee is the best stuff out there with a battery pack. It will take a beating. DeWalt is pretty good too.

BUT. . .

If you are just the 'average joe' with a home then you can save a lot of money by buying Ryobi on the cheap because it is not 'fashionable' enough for the guys who need a brand name to validate their manhood.

I'm too old to need to prove anything to anyone. Most of my handguns are 1911's from the 1970s. I've ridden a Honda across Canada and 1/2 the USA not a HD but I passed my moto test on an old HD at the BMV and I've built stuff with whatever works for me. Ryobi works well for me, I don't care that it is not the fashionable brand of choice.

But I have other brands too. Bosch jig saw is the best I've ever used, but I grabbed the Ryobi jig saw last week for a table I built because it is easy. Makita corded circular saw has more power than any other I've used, but it lives in its case for 99% of my cutting jobs. RotoZip has tons of power, but Dremel is used more often.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dear gods...

jedi is so, so, so, so sorry 4 causing this red, yellow, green, and that girly men brand *ryobi* tool discussions.

Can u beleive these yahoos r talking about tools now. What has jedi done!

In addition eeewwwwhhhh cause there are members on team yellow as well. :facepalm: would it be ok to just paint jedis pink so jedi does not have to associate with them? :rofl:

And now that we know who is on team red does jedi have to send them xmass cards this year? They are on team red for crying out loud. :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    On thr bright side at least no one claimed..... hartView attachment 247481
    I'd buy Porter Cable instead of Hart. Pretty close to Hello Kitty color scheme too.

Love my P-C routers, they are the best of the best. I recently sold off a P-C band saw that I haven't used for metal cutting in the past 10 years. Not sure if the new battery powered PC is any good, but the older Porter Cable was the best stuff out there that required 120volts and an extension cord.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    ... :facepalm: would it be ok to just paint jedis pink so jedi does not have to associate with them? :rofl:

... :p

I hate to compare you to an 85 year old woman, but that's exactly what my Mom did with her tools, as the grand-kids became old enough to use tools. They'd take them off to work on projects around the property, and she'd never see them again. So they all became Grandma's pink tools! And she's never had another problem.

So you're on the same path as an 85-year-old Grandma. But believe me, you're in great company!

just sayin ...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    sorry, did you forget a link?
    Not really - any color that matches the rest of your gear will probably be just fine. I did go back and add this picture but I wasn't meaning to be specific. It turned out that this type of light works great for me.
    DCL040_5.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I hate to compare you to an 85 year old woman, but that's exactly what my Mom did with her tools, as the grand-kids became old enough to use tools. They'd take them off to work on projects around the property, and she'd never see them again. So they all became Grandma's pink tools! And she's never had another problem.

So you're on the same path as an 85-year-old Grandma. But believe me, you're in great company!

just sayin ...

20200411_171400.jpg

That is the reason jedi got associated with the color pink.

Many moons ago when nwi ingo would have meet & shoots at winamac there would be so many black guns on the tables that it was hard to find yours.

Everyone woukd have guns on the tables and people would shoot or ask to shoot what they saw.

1 day sadclown camr with a sidearm with white coloring on the lettering. He had found a way of using nailpolish (a specific brand) to color the engraving and then use something else to wipe off the excess.

At the next meet we had black standard guns, black with white lettering guns, and a few black with yellow lettering guns.

Thus jedi wondered what color would none of these girly men, cigar smoking, long beard, rednecks and thugs never add to their collection.

PPPPPPIIIIINNNNKKKK!!!!!

sadclown though jedi was crazy but he pinked the guns for jedi and from then on everything else became pink for jedi. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    $399 for a flashlight?

Oh hell the "f" no.

I have 2 of these. They are hybrid and run on battery or can be plugged into an extension cord. Great for a job site, great for home use. Under $70. Work great.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    View attachment 247485

That is the reason jedi got associated with the color pink.

Many moons ago when nwi ingo would have meet & shoots at winamac there would be so many black guns on the tables that it was hard to find yours.

Everyone woukd have guns on the tables and people would shoot or ask to shoot what they saw.

1 day sadclown camr with a sidearm with white coloring on the lettering. He had found a way of using nailpolish (a specific brand) to color the engraving and then use something else to wipe off the excess.

At the next meet we had black standard guns, black with white lettering guns, and a few black with yellow lettering guns.

Thus jedi wondered what color would none of these girly men, cigar smoking, long beard, rednecks and thugs never add to their collection.

PPPPPPIIIIINNNNKKKK!!!!!

sadclown though jedi was crazy but he pinked the guns for jedi and from then on everything else became pink for jedi. :)
    FWIW, I have (had) 2 pink AR15s in the safe (before the tragic boating accident)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    For those of you who want to take a trip into rural Illinois, the Crusade Burger Bar is offering up a treat.

I've been to their original location in Yorkville. Good burger. Good milkshakes.

Not sure I want to try their Pickle infused Malort!

Then again, pickles can't make Malort any worse?!?

321955101_5993108087401976_5224649014318989459_n.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    For those of you who want to take a trip into rural Illinois, the Crusade Burger Bar is offering up a treat.

I've been to their original location in Yorkville. Good burger. Good milkshakes.

Not sure I want to try their Pickle infused Malort!

Then again, pickles can't make Malort any worse?!?

View attachment 247496
    And an Old Style?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    CP Show:

Brians Surplus has .30-30 for a new to me firearm he will be holding, which he does for INGO members, under the table at a price under the cheaper than AmmoSeek. If you are looking for something PM of call the shop before he packs up and heads up. Very accommodating.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    A friend of mine has a Ryobi Inflator that is compact and works great for tires and goes up to 150 PSI. I am a yellow tool guy and I wish they made the same style tool - but they don't - theirs is much bigger and awkwarder.
    0a6736d374044b67ba87fafd45c90b04.jpg

I am a Yellow tool guy ( some of the Oldest ones are Blue )
    I have 2 of the above Inflator tools ( 1- dial 1- digital ) plus a larger Inflator/Deflator

31528426-2457-42CB-A7E2-567C1F297323.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom