NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Using them every single day, nothing seems to touch Milwaukee, the others are good, maybe even a better value on a hobby level, I’ve used most of them, Milwaukee gets my money. Fwiw Tom, if you have fb, check out a page Milwaukee tool nation, the guy that runs it is a rep, his prices are typically 50% of Home Depot, but you got one heck of a deal today
    This.

The red tools take a bigger beating at the work sites and continue to work.
    Consider them the AK-47s of tools. Dirty, dropped, not cared for no issues they work.

The yellow (dewalt) are more delicate in that they dont like to get super dirty. They work ok for weekend projects and medium level work.

Love their power stack new battery.
    Super light and has a big punch but does not last long. Still much lighter in weight than the rest

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    This.

The red tools take a bigger beating at the work sites and continue to work.
    Consider them the AK-47s of tools. Dirty, dropped, not cared for no issues they work.

The yellow (dewalt) are more delicate in that they dont like to get super dirty. They work ok for weekend projects and medium level work.

Love their power stack new battery.
    Super light and has a big punch but does not last long. Still much lighter in weight than the rest
    I use the yellow flavor daily. Use it to drive 3-1/2" screws all day. Hasn't let me down yet...

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    What jedi has noticed over the years of dealing with the trades in chiraqi is...

The furniture installers and carpentors carry around the red tools.

The electricians and general laborers carry around the yellow (dewalt) tools.

Seema like the red tools take a bigger beating around the work sites but still work. Sont often seen the yellow tools are dirty or beat up.

jedi went with team yellow since jedi hangs with the sparkys more often.
    You skipped the orange tools

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I had rigid for home.

Impact but driver, scrw gun, 1/2 impact and work shop blower
    I guess since I haven’t used the lifetime warranty yet maybe I am a salesman for the wrong team….. but I just can’t get over a lifetime warranty on a battery lol

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've got green tools. No issues in six years, but not used everyday. The Bosch 18v vacuum is awesome.

Bosch customer service was good the one time I used it. When they came out with the 6 ah batteries, they would not fit the circular saw. They paid shipping both ways and replaced the housing on the saw for free for anyone who wanted the mod.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I see a variety of brands among the maintenance staff at the mill. Milwaukee definitely takes the majority though. The red stuff always looks like it's been around longer/dragged behind a truck between jobs. The carpenters(scaffold guys) seem to prefer the yellow crap though.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Good morning all.

I'm a DeWalt guy. I don't believe they're commercial quality, at least the ones I have, but they get the job done for me. The leaf blower cut my leaf raking time in half. It's powerful, but it sure goes through the batteries. The 9ah battery lasts 15 minutes in the blower at full power. I've got six of them.

Started with the chainsaw to clear trails and blowdowns at our Southern property. It's perfect for that use, and will run all day on three 9ah batteries.

Wife loves the hedge trimmer.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What jedi has noticed over the years of dealing with the trades in chiraqi is...

The furniture installers and carpentors carry around the red tools.

The electricians and general laborers carry around the yellow (dewalt) tools.

Seema like the red tools take a bigger beating around the work sites but still work. Sont often seen the yellow tools are dirty or beat up.

jedi went with team yellow since jedi hangs with the sparkys more often.
    Yellow was the only one that made a battery powered 9ga Staple Gun and a fully battery powered framing nail gun. I use those to maintain my fence. That made the decision of which tools I was going to be using for me.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't see how the extra money for a red driver or impact would be any better than the yellow ones i've been beating the **** out of for the last 7 years or so.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I see a variety of brands among the maintenance staff at the mill. Milwaukee definitely takes the majority though. The red stuff always looks like it's been around longer/dragged behind a truck between jobs. The carpenters(scaffold guys) seem to prefer the yellow crap though.
    Maybe the red tool users don’t know how to take care of their tools and the yellow tool users do!?!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom