NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    More mud.
    Happy Birthday Yes GIF (GIF Image)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Lots of cars on side of highway into chiraqi.

Guess folks forgot that certain parts flood during the rain.
    Are they driving into the concrete barrier? I'm guessing you are talking about the Ford, it didn't flood badly enough to stall cars.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Are they driving into the concrete barrier? I'm guessing you are talking about the Ford, it didn't flood badly enough to stall cars.
    Screenshot_20230103-071442_Maps.jpg

By the Ford plant is where it's always been bad in the inside lanes where the overpasses are at.

Especially by 130th. The one by the menards is exit is new but it was not that bad. Still driveable. The one by 130th if you drive in it you will not stall but will be in for a big surprise and since that overpass is dark bam! Cars tend to lose control and hit the center or hit a car in the middle lane.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Screenshot_20230103-071535_Maps.jpg

New for today is the before and after the skyway connection. The local lanes going into chiraqi had standing water. The highway signs advised of the issue as well.

This might be a clogged drain issue and jedi has not seen this one before.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    View attachment 245751

By the Ford plant is where it's always been bad in the inside lanes where the overpasses are at.

Especially by 130th. The one by the menards is exit is new but it was not that bad. Still driveable. The one by 130th if you drive in it you will not stall but will be in for a big surprise and since that overpass is dark bam! Cars tend to lose control and hit the center or hit a car in the middle lane.
    Yep, same as always. I don't see why people would be pulled over because of that.

The best part of that was when a truck coming the other way sent a wave of water over the barrier onto my car. Couldn't see :poop: for a few seconds.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    New upright freezer arrived today...at 6:15 a.m. Good news is I don't have to wait in that delivery window.
    I forsee a nap later.

20230103_073859.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    It is one designed for garage usage. We always cleaned our old one up a couple days before I go pick up our 1/2 beef and 1/2 hog in late January.
    Old freezer lasted over 20 years and didn't owe us anything. It tripped the GFI a couple times this summer, so we decided to be proactive. That coupled with the wife preferring an upright vs chest freezer made her happy.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Power is out at 49 and the toll road by Speedway and Culver's. I wouldn't go by there in that situation if you offered me $500.

Edit: Looks like the estimated time to restoration is 12:15pm, but that may change.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It is one designed for garage usage. We always cleaned our old one up a couple days before I go pick up our 1/2 beef and 1/2 hog in late January.
    Old freezer lasted over 20 years and didn't owe us anything. It tripped the GFI a couple times this summer, so we decided to be proactive. That coupled with the wife preferring an upright vs chest freezer made her happy.
    Chest freezers hold a lot more than uprights but half of it will never be seen again...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Chest freezers hold a lot more than uprights but half of it will never be seen again...
    I can reach everything in the chest freezer, but shorty complained. We have 2 other fridges in the house, so over flow isn't an issue. Apparently they don't sell the mammoth ones for the garage, so we got the 20 cut. ft. (one of few in stock) which should be fine along with my Tetris skills.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom