NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Power is out at 49 and the toll road by Speedway and Culver's. I wouldn't go by there in that situation if you offered me $500.

Edit: Looks like the estimated time to restoration is 12:15pm, but that may change.
    Traffic light there was a flashing 4 way stop when I went home yesterday around 3:30p.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It is one designed for garage usage. We always cleaned our old one up a couple days before I go pick up our 1/2 beef and 1/2 hog in late January.
    Old freezer lasted over 20 years and didn't owe us anything. It tripped the GFI a couple times this summer, so we decided to be proactive. That coupled with the wife preferring an upright vs chest freezer made her happy.
    I didn't actually know they made "garage freezers". I have used a standard chest freezer in my garage for at least five decades now. (not the same freezer the whole time)
    If I get a new one it will be a garage freezer and probably upright.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I didn't actually know they made "garage freezers". I have used a standard chest freezer in my garage for at least five decades now. (not the same freezer the whole time)
    If I get a new one it will be a garage freezer and probably upright.
    We didn't either until we started investigating why the gfi kept tripping. The chest freezer was in the basement of the old house for 16 years.

Garage Ready vs Regular

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Residential or commercial?
    Insured or just a guy to do the work?

Hobart is fffffaaaaarrrrrrr. ;)
    Residential. If you are going to recommend one guy to do both jobs - i'll pass.
    While that may be reasonable, yet inconvenient for the electric portion it is out of the question for the drywall unless you are in fact amazing like me. Alas, i do not have the time to devote and keep on track my schedule, let alone maintain a reasonable level of sanity. I have no time to deal with apprentice electricians or "a guy" that will have to be baby sat and have diagrams provided in crayon or models from lego. :) Prefer a journeyman sparky looking for some extra cash and a drywall crew that is full service and will quote by the sheet. As for part 2 - insurance has nothing to do with ability.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    ..... As for part 2 - insurance has nothing to do with ability.

Insurance is a Big Part when you go from Single Family to Multi-Family ... Pipes froze in a Apartment we lived in back in the 90's -- Management couldn't get the regular Contractor and just called a Number in the Yellow Pages --- they used a Propane Torch to thaw Pipes without removing Insulation (think Mattress Bedding) - which of course caught on Fire and burned out 8 families in the Complex - but only had Single Family Insurance ---

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Lights and such out back taken down and drying in the garage. Front decorations tomorrow. Then a whole bunch of little tasks.

Neighbors let us store our frozen food in their deep freeze while ours cooled off today. All reloaded now. Took some silicone lubricant to my garage doors then got the OK to do the same to their's while they are on vacation.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Probably should have made this a separate post, but anywho, how do we see when the Site Supporter renewal date is?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom