NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    :facepalm:

jedi noticed that a while back but figured you had ties to NWI.

We have a few out of state members that once were in NWI and one or 2 that are from Southern IN but that have relatives up here so we "tolerate" them. ;)

Now since you have all the snow well we make an exception u 4. :p
    Thanks!!
    I did have some relatives in Calumet but I have not seen them for many, many years. I do own some land northeast of Galena but it is technically in Michigan by about half a mile.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    We have a calumet township.

Calumet is a city in IL right on the IN/IL border in nwi.
    I bet that was it, the township. This all happened when I was young and visiting relatives in Dolton and Frankfort Illinois. We would visit them pretty often and then once in a great while go to Indiana to visit the other relatives. I remember thinking it was cool that they could cross a state line without going very far. Also it was near Gary so it had to be in that area.
    Then even less frequently we would visit at the land I now own which is south of Three Oaks Michigan and northeast of Galena Indiana.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    W
    I bet that was it, the township. This all happened when I was young and visiting relatives in Dolton and Frankfort Illinois. We would visit them pretty often and then once in a great while go to Indiana to visit the other relatives. I remember thinking it was cool that they could cross a state line without going very far. Also it was near Gary so it had to be in that area.
    Then even less frequently we would visit at the land I now own which is south of Three Oaks Michigan and northeast of Galena Indiana.
    Well we conditional accept you but for each year u do not come to Indiana 1 jedi hug will be given. :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Y...you do know that "Da Region" is Urbandumfaqese for "The Calumet Region". Aye?
    If you are old enough to know this then you probably also know that Calumet is not an Indian word, but is associated with the Native American population. The word Calumet seems to be French in origin, French Canadian or French American. And is the name for what we would commonly call a 'peace pipe.' It describes an intricate long reed style pipe.

More people seem to remember BANK CALUMET (previously Calumet National Bank) with its Indian Head logo and also Calumet Baking Powder. Doubt anyone here is old enough to remember Calumet Lard.

LC882-600Border.jpg

c22333482a21a6e22ac825f8533423db.jpg
    th-3793719328.jpegs-l400-2817102672.jpeg60c252ad5b595.image.jpg62-177-600x583.jpgs-l300.jpg

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Duh!
    This made me realize this thread is just for Northwest Indiana people. I miss that area just by a couple states. Here I have been blindly posting along without realizing. I shouldn't do that. And nobody has been calling me names or anything (at least not to my face)so I didn't pick up on that.
    Might as well hang around here and keep doing what your doing so we can stay on page one and have fun. Lots of people aren't from "Da Region" and if you get a chance watch a video on YouTube from Shotgun Elvis We Are NWI for a background of who we are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom