NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:

Ordered an item from home depot.
    Sent from a factory in Mexico to O'hare.
    Fedex tracker then shows it goes to Zionsville, IN and now is in Plainfield, IN.

Ummmmm stupid fedex YOU past the jedi house on the way to Zionsville!

BTW this is the 2nd time fedex attempts to deliver this item. The first they destroyed the item in transit so they had to tell home depot and have a new one issued.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Other than the loss to the employees, is McDonald's closing really a loss?
    Not many places left to order around here. Granted jedi got a mcd maybe once every 6 months from there. Still leave less and less options.

@KLB
    Subway is gone.
    Panama express is limited days/hours.
    The great steak is gone.
    Taco bell was gone for about 10 months it's back sort of.

Dunking, starbuck have remained open all the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not many places left to order around here. Granted jedi got a mcd maybe once every 6 months from there. Still leave less and less options.

@KLB
    Subway is gone.
    The great steak is gone.

That's about half of the stores that were there. Wow.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

@KLB
    Subway is gone.
    The great steak is gone.

Is Luke's on Jackson still open?

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    :facepalm:

Ordered an item from home depot.
    Sent from a factory in Mexico to O'hare.
    Fedex tracker then shows it goes to Zionsville, IN and now is in Plainfield, IN.

Ummmmm stupid fedex YOU past the jedi house on the way to Zionsville!

BTW this is the 2nd time fedex attempts to deliver this item. The first they destroyed the item in transit so they had to tell home depot and have a new one issued.
    Sounds like they must work for the Gary USPS. If you have some time, go ahead and check their google reviews.

When I lived in Gary, I rarely got any of the mail I was supposed to get.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've lived in the Gary area for the last 45 years. Never any issue with the Postal Service. Mail delivery has shifted to afternoons/early evening this last year, but it still shows up. I recommend getting an informed delivery account on their web site. You can then get emails showing what is coming that day.

FedEx is my least favorite package carrier. I will pay extra to keep stuff out of their hands.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've lived in the Gary area for the last 45 years. Never any issue with the Postal Service. Mail delivery has shifted to afternoons/early evening this last year, but it still shows up. I recommend getting an informed delivery account on their web site. You can then get emails showing what is coming that day.

FedEx is my least favorite package carrier. I will pay extra to keep stuff out of their hands.
    I have informed delivery, which shows I should have received 15 pieces of mail in the past two days. I did not receive them, which means the breakdown in service is occurring after they are scanned. If there are not enough carriers, there are not enough carriers. Bad thing about the postal service is that they just can't hire people off the street to do it.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I have informed delivery, which shows I should have received 15 pieces of mail in the past two days. I did not receive them, which means the breakdown in service is occurring after they are scanned. If there are not enough carriers, there are not enough carriers. Bad thing about the postal service is that they just can't hire people off the street to do it.

There are some general problems with personnel right now, as is obvious. But the quality of services can vary immensely town-to-town, much of the quality difference having to do with the individual postmasters.

I know of a local post office where the postmaster is close to retirement, and doesn't give two ****s about any of it, and hasn't for some time, and he/she knows there's not a darn thing anybody can do about it. He/she is also a POS, and has always been.

The poor altitude trickles downhill and infects the whole facility.

Last edited:

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    my wife finally gave up trying to order food on the internet, both places always used Fed Ex and 5 different times it showed up a week late from the projected delivery and no longer frozen. 3 times from St. Louis it took 9 days, at least we got a refund and the chickens got the food

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    How the usps is still alive is beyond me, they’ve “survived” longer than they should have
    It's a racket... they used to (may still) have the largest commercial vehicle fleet in the world. Really a giant ass company by scale and really poorly run because it's a "service" not a company. There are some interesting ways to look at it. Not that it's not past it's time. Years ago i did the private event where a new postmaster was appointed and they were jumping out of their chairs with joy because they were only going to lose 7 Billion that year... and that was "good"... WTAF.
    Oh, CP here also, no letters, packages still come, different carrier and time.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The only time I've really had problems with USPS was in Gary when they would switch the carriers on my route. We had one hippo of a woman who wouldn't get out of the truck to walk a parcel to the door and would mark it as attempted delivery inaccessible or something like that and I could see on my security camera that nobody even came to the street in front of the door. Usually it would show up a day or two later with someone from a USPS parcel van. I filed complaints about that a few times and nothing came of it until I caught her on video tossing a package up the stairs and that got them to put her on another route.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    The only time I've really had problems with USPS was in Gary when they would switch the carriers on my route. We had one hippo of a woman who wouldn't get out of the truck to walk a parcel to the door and would mark it as attempted delivery inaccessible or something like that and I could see on my security camera that nobody even came to the street in front of the door. Usually it would show up a day or two later with someone from a USPS parcel van. I filed complaints about that a few times and nothing came of it until I caught her on video tossing a package up the stairs and that got them to put her on another route.
    What did hippos ever do to you for you to insult them is such a manner as associating them with the USPS?

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart

I battled with Gary usps (46408) for 3 years. and got them to answer the phone maybe 4 times. All of which were terrible experiences.
    One time I was on hold (set down on counter) long enough to drive there and talk to them in person.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    What did hippos ever do to you for you to insult them is such a manner as associating them with the USPS?

Ha. That is funny. But honestly, over a 36 year career dealing with USPS, we've known many positive, productive USPS employees. I'll even say most were good people. It's pretty much a mixed bag, just like any other profession.

It just hurts more when you get a bad one, because we depend on them. The ineptitude involved with this Wu****YuFlu has got every industry turned upside down right now.

Hopefully, the relative mildness of this current variant can get things settled down soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom