NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Aha, I always kinda wondered how you could be so communicative while "driving" home in Chiraqui traffic.
    portrait-funny-raccoon-driving-car-169963734.jpg

a driver perhaps. :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yups 1/2 way!

N we got another victim of covid. McDonald's in the train station, Ogilvie station, has left! It has been at the station for OVER 35 years. :faint:

The station decided to raise the rents on the few remaining shops/business that were still operating. McD said see ya!

For McD to do that you got to know it's bad. Wonder how long before the other shops leave as well considering they barely get much business now a days.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Reminds me of that scene in My Cousin Vinny... "get that? the whole store got the flu."

In other news anyone seeing no mail delivery this week? Nothing for us the last 2 days...

Attachments

• thumb_best-my-cousin-vinny-ideas-and-images-on-bing-51299269.png
      thumb_best-my-cousin-vinny-ideas-and-images-on-bing-51299269.png
      72.1 KB · Views: 0

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And now covid got the train line as well. :)

One of my coworkers just called. No passenger train this morning from the winekta area due to the crews having covid.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Reminds me of that scene in My Cousin Vinny... "get that? the whole store got the flu."

In other news anyone seeing no mail delivery this week? Nothing for us the last 2 days...
    Same. I posted on Next Door and it looks like our whole area is having the same issue. Carriers and other USPS employees are out with covid.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    Same. I posted on Next Door and it looks like our whole area is having the same issue. Carriers and other USPS employees are out with covid.

what part of NWI? My 1911 goodies have been showin up right on time all week, and those pesky bills too

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI

Called on my replacement tonneau cover On the 10th. It was supposed to be here on the 5th. It was delayed with FedEx with no guesstimate on when I'll get it. So company sent out another one, seeing that I'd been jerked around enough. On the 11th I think I got the first replacement, again really beat up box like original. I don't think I'm going to open it till I see the next one arriving. So it seems FedEx is f'ing everything up, and they're the ones who are going to double and triple the amount they make on an item.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yups 1/2 way!

N we got another victim of covid. McDonald's in the train station, Ogilvie station, has left! It has been at the station for OVER 35 years. :faint:

The station decided to raise the rents on the few remaining shops/business that were still operating. McD said see ya!

For McD to do that you got to know it's bad. Wonder how long before the other shops leave as well considering they barely get much business now a days.
    Maybe they are trying to force everyone out, without saying so.

Raising rent when there is so little income is stupid. They should be lowering it.

What is left in there? It isn't like they were having luck keeping places in there before Covid.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Yups 1/2 way!

Other than the loss to the employees, is McDonald's closing really a loss?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    UPS and USPS seem to be doing better than FedEx over the course of this thing. That is my own personal experience plus I read a story recently that showed service stats for the three and FedEx was definitely struggling.

We have a lot of freight delays with common carriers bringing materials to our dock. Items don't arrive on time and the supplier typically reports that the carrier didn't show to pick it up from them. In general, the Chicago truck freight market is one of the worst in the nation right now. Getting our bulk liquid shipments to our customers on time has been a miserable experience for six month now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    It's getting real people. I do an annual project for a client, for twenty years, and as I price it this year, I'm finding the material costs alone have gone from 9000 to 16,000. There is a good chance that my client is going to scrap the whole project, and if you multiply this effect to the whole economy, that's how you start a real depression.

Personally, I have a place to go down South where I can survive on wild game and peas and butter beans. I pray for those who have no place to escape to.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just got two small parcels in my mailbox. No letters, but I assume those are coming. Maybe they are doing parcels first because so many people receive their medications by mail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom