NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Crochet group this morning, and then the baking will commence. Sugar cookies to take to a friend's house Christmas eve, and pecan pies for Christmas. I could make the cranberries today or tomorrow; they will keep.

Need to check the weather for Christmas night. Ok looks like low of 32. If I need to keep some leftovers outside because they don't fit in the fridge, temps will be perfect.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll be heading over there in a few minutes. Won't be too bad at 8am...I hope. The challenge may be in finding everything on the list.
    Racoons attack!!!! Make sure he does not get out of the store with everything. :)

jedi was at straks last night. Pop/wine was semi empty already.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Crochet group this morning, and then the baking will commence. Sugar cookies to take to a friend's house Christmas eve, and pecan pies for Christmas. I could make the cranberries today or tomorrow; they will keep.

Need to check the weather for Christmas night. Ok looks like low of 32. If I need to keep some leftovers outside because they don't fit in the fridge, temps will be perfect.
    I like the outdoor refrigerator concept too. Good way to chill a case of beer in a hurry. My only concern with it is protecting food from roaming gangs of raccoons and other filthy vermin.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I like the outdoor refrigerator concept too. Good way to chill a case of beer in a hurry. My only concern with it is protecting food from roaming gangs of raccoons and other filthy vermin.
    I've never had any problems. We have a 6' cedar fence and I have rarely seen anything but squirrels in the yard. I leave the food in the pots and pans with the lids on, take them out to the table, and then slip everything into a plastic trash bag in case it rains.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've never had any problems. We have a 6' cedar fence and I have rarely seen anything but squirrels in the yard. I leave the food in the pots and pans with the lids on, take them out to the table, and then slip everything into a plastic trash bag in case it rains.
    jedi told da racoons your place is off limits. ;)

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    My wife stopped at Beef Mart in Valpo to pick up some cranberry sauce. Normal opening time is 8:00 am. She got there about 10 till, store was open and she was 12 in line and the parking lot was full. When she came out people were parking on both sides of the street and the line wrapped around the building.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I get my kids on Christmas day which means I get Natalie for her first Christmas. Poor thing has an ear infection when I took her to urgent care on Monday and both of them gave me bronchitis last week which I found out yesterday at urgent care. I guess they love dad enough to give me a gift, hopefully the z pack gets me better by Saturday.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I get my kids on Christmas day which means I get Natalie for her first Christmas. Poor thing has an ear infection when I took her to urgent care on Monday and both of them gave me bronchitis last week which I found out yesterday at urgent care. I guess they love dad enough to give me a gift, hopefully the z pack gets me better by Saturday.
    It generally will have you feeling better after you take the 3rd day's dose.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    See another example of why kids are germ spreaders! :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    See another example of why kids are germ spreaders! :)
    I'd rather see them as much as possible and get sick than have her control when I get the kids. Plus it looks like Natalie is going to be a daddy's girl so gotta be the better parent as I know from these last 2 weeks the mother is trying to make it as hard as possible and I'll have 18yrs to deal with it. Robert seems to have adjusted fairly well so far. We'll see when I find an apartment next year hopefully.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    My wife stopped at Beef Mart in Valpo to pick up some cranberry sauce. Normal opening time is 8:00 am. She got there about 10 till, store was open and she was 12 in line and the parking lot was full. When she came out people were parking on both sides of the street and the line wrapped around the building.
    Beef Mart is a popular spot

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Extreme sport u will b playing 2day at the food store. Good luck.
    I didn't have much trouble at the store until checkout when the guy in front of me invoked the dreaded price check. I got out of there by 9am but it was starting to get really busy when I left.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I'd rather see them as much as possible and get sick than have her control when I get the kids. Plus it looks like Natalie is going to be a daddy's girl so gotta be the better parent as I know from these last 2 weeks the mother is trying to make it as hard as possible and I'll have 18yrs to deal with it. Robert seems to have adjusted fairly well so far. We'll see when I find an apartment next year hopefully.
    This is the time to form those bonds with your kids and not allow her to start driving that wedge. There will be moments in the coming years when you will have to defend yourself but, choosing your battles wisely and taking the high road whenever possible will pay dividends in the long run. Have a great holiday with your family.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Incorrect on 18 years to deal with it.
    Young padawn the kids mom will be in YOUR life until the day you die. Sure money wise maybe not.

But at birthday events, when your son/daughter marry, grandkids events, etc.

jedi will let that sink in. :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Fatten up the raccoonsfor jedi.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is no way to talk about jedi.

On second thought, that fits well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom