NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Your way wouldn’t be any more “following” the law than my way would be. Yours makes more sense and what I am pointing out is how little sense this makes unholstering and reholstering so many times which makes chances of an accident far greater.

Not to mention this puts a loaded firearm in your hands visible to onlookers multiple times to execute this scenario.
    100% totally disagree with you.

If you want to get out to pump gas you have not left the vehicle unattended. You just need to leave the gun in the cabin of the car. Doesn't even have to be locked up.

Your argument/discussion of unholstering and reholstering the gun carries no legal weight. Your point about putting a loaded firearm into the line of sight of onlookers carries no legal weight.

KLB is spot on with his comments.

Your 'justifications' are simply your own opinions, but do not follow the law and could get you into serious trouble.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ordered a Veridian green laser to point out things from the crane e.g. need the shippers on the ground to read off/repaint illegible numbers. It's easier to just point a dot at it rather than try to explain where something is to some of these people over the radio. There are no Mensa candidates down there. Got the idea watching another craneman do the same thing with a red pointer, but green is more visible and CR123s are better than button cell batteries.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    100% totally disagree with you.

If you want to get out to pump gas you have not left the vehicle unattended. You just need to leave the gun in the cabin of the car. Doesn't even have to be locked up.

Your argument/discussion of unholstering and reholstering the gun carries no legal weight. Your point about putting a loaded firearm into the line of sight of onlookers carries no legal weight.

KLB is spot on with his comments.

Your 'justifications' are simply your own opinions, but do not follow the law and could get you into serious trouble.
    Never claimed it carried legal weight…. Any of it. I am not a lawyer. Simply pointing out how asinine it is, and if I have to go in to pay I have indeed left my vehicle unattended. Which would start the chain of events as I described.

could I please get your opinion and not lawyer speak is the gun safer left holstered and out of sight? Or unholstered reholstered multiple times and in the view of the public?

where the gun goes when “locked up” is nothing but opinion because no where does it say where and how to lock the gun up. There are multiple reasons it could be the trunk and not the interior of the car.

I wonder if i should get out of the car with gun in hand to put it into the trunk. would that be open carry then?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Never claimed it carried legal weight…. Any of it. I am not a lawyer. Simply pointing out how asinine it is, and if I have to go in to pay I have indeed left my vehicle unattended. Which would start the chain of events as I described.

could I please get your opinion and not lawyer speak is the gun safer left holstered and out of sight? Or unholstered reholstered multiple times and in the view of the public?

where the gun goes when “locked up” is nothing but opinion because no where does it say where and how to lock the gun up. There are multiple reasons it could be the trunk and not the interior of the car.

I wonder if i should get out of the car with gun in hand to put it into the trunk. would that be open carry then?
    :horse:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Have you actually had raccoon? I trap quite a few just can’t bring myself to eat them… I don’t know what it is. Mental block I guess
    I don't know, but I've been told (when I lived in NC) that you need to cage raccoons and opossums, for a week or two and feed them carrots to clean out their system, before you butcher them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom