NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    In the back woods of NC the Lumbie Indians kill anything that moves and eat what they kill.
    The Lumbee live in more of a pine barrens or Eastern savannah than a true backwoods, but when I lived in Robeson county I did hear stories about people's grandparents that found ways to make anything edible, if not exactly tasty.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The Lumbee live in more of a pine barrens or Eastern savannah than a true backwoods, but when I lived in Robeson county I did hear stories about people's grandparents that found ways to make anything edible, if not exactly tasty.
    I was on the Piedmont at Fort Bragg and later in Lumberton and Scotland County. And that is where I had most of my interactions with the Lumbee Indians.
    They were great people I really enjoyed their company many times.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Value of the house sure hasn't increased 300% I'd sell right now if I could get that kind of return

My house has increased 300% in the 30 years I've been there, but it wouldn't do me any good to sell it, as I'd have to buy some other inflated house. That, or move south, which is on my radar within the next couple years. I'm tired of winters up here.

p.s. Congrats on the Mod thing Don. I take back all the bad **** I said about you! :)

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Got my property tax statement today. Up another $130 per year. 12 years ago was $360 per year. Up to $1368 now :xmad:

I believe we're over $2000 a year now, with the latest multi-million school bond to pay back. All this growth in Cedartucky is getting out of control.

I'm sure my rate will drop back down though, when the schools are paid for.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It gets old sending in paperwork to fight it. Unfortunately, everyone around has to do their part, but alas, people are lazy.
    Hard to fight a referendum to pay for a new school and Olympic size swimming pool. That was a huge increase even though the claims of "tax neutral" I sure as hell didn't vote in favor of it. That was a $300 per year increase for me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom