NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Best joke that has been told since Chris Rock insulted Will Smiths wife, and that only resulted in a bitch slapping.

You gas station scenario could result in gun confiscation and time in jail.
    I am not trying to argue seriously trying to understand how me locking my firearm in the trunk while I pump gas would be against the law as they have it? I understand it would be at officer discretion as every law essentially is. But as the law is written how would this be illegal? It doesn’t say “lock the firearm immediately in the closest lockable container” what if your glove box doesn’t have a lock on it…..?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I am not trying to argue seriously trying to understand how me locking my firearm in the trunk while I pump gas would be against the law as they have it? I understand it would be at officer discretion as every law essentially is. But as the law is written how would this be illegal? It doesn’t say “lock the firearm immediately in the closest lockable container” what if your glove box doesn’t have a lock on it…..?
    In your scenario you got out of your car, pumped gas and walked around your car, under the false pretense of getting out to lock the gun in the trunk, while illegally carrying a gun in a notoriously anti-gun state.

The provisions of the law allow you get out to lock the handgun in the trunk. Nothing else. Not stop to check the tire pressure. Not stop to insert your credit card into the card reader. Not stop to insert the nozzle into the filler port. Again, they allow you to get out of the car with the handgun for the purpose of locking the handgun in the trunk.

I sat on a grand jury for 18 months and we prosecuted a long list of gun crimes. I would never recommend, argue, suggest, or even play devils advocate for any scenario that you are describing in the state of Illinois. Certainly never in Cook or the collar counties, or some of the other rabidly anti-gun areas of the state. Maybe a downstate D.A. or local sheriff might just look the other way, maybe.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    In your scenario you got out of your car, pumped gas and walked around your car, under the false pretense of getting out to lock the gun in the trunk, while illegally carrying a gun in a notoriously anti-gun state.

The provisions of the law allow you get out to lock the handgun in the trunk. Nothing else. Not stop to check the tire pressure. Not stop to insert your credit card into the card reader. Not stop to insert the nozzle into the filler port. Again, they allow you to get out of the car with the handgun for the purpose of locking the handgun in the trunk.

I sat on a grand jury for 18 months and we prosecuted a long list of gun crimes. I would never recommend, argue, suggest, or even play devils advocate for any scenario that you are describing in the state of Illinois. Certainly never in Cook or the collar counties, or some of the other rabidly anti-gun areas of the state. Maybe a downstate D.A. or local sheriff might just look the other way, maybe.
    I had a feeling we were misunderstanding each other. I have been referring to the ridiculous scenario following the laws to a T getting out unholstering locking gun in trunk pumping gas unlocking trunk and reholstering.

That is why I couldn’t figure out what you thought was illegal.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I had a feeling we were misunderstanding each other. I have been referring to the ridiculous scenario following the laws to a T getting out unholstering locking gun in trunk pumping gas unlocking trunk and reholstering.

That is why I couldn’t figure out what you thought was illegal.
    Following the law would to be just leaving the gun in the car when you got out. No need to have it locked up unless you leave the car.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Following the law would to be just leaving the gun in the car when you got out. No need to have it locked up unless you leave the car.
    Your way wouldn’t be any more “following” the law than my way would be. Yours makes more sense and what I am pointing out is how little sense this makes unholstering and reholstering so many times which makes chances of an accident far greater.

Not to mention this puts a loaded firearm in your hands visible to onlookers multiple times to execute this scenario.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Best joke that has been told since Chris Rock insulted Will Smiths wife, and that only resulted in a bitch slapping.

You gas station scenario could result in gun confiscation and time in jail.
    This topic is not break room material, but...

There was a case a few years ago when an Indiana resident went into a gas station store (in a Chicago suburb) and shot a robber. to date there have no charges reported.

I have searched, but cannot find the INGO thread or google story.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This topic is not break room material, but...

There was a case a few years ago when an Indiana resident went into a gas station store (in a Chicago suburb) and shot a robber. to date there have no charges reported.

I have searched, but cannot find the INGO thread or google story.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Your way wouldn’t be any more “following” the law than my way would be. Yours makes more sense and what I am pointing out is how little sense this makes unholstering and reholstering so many times which makes chances of an accident far greater.

Not to mention this puts a loaded firearm in your hands visible to onlookers multiple times to execute this scenario.

Remember, a Chicago Chief of Police stated IN THE NEWS, to not be surprised if one of his officers SHOT a legal gun owner because of this law.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good grief!

We got a "traitor" amongst our ranks now. A fifty MOD! What price did they offer you?

We are stripping you of your NWI tag.
    We are stripping you of your thug/redneck tag.
    We are stripping you of your Lake county tag as well.

You are unworthy now!
    :p

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Who is this "we"? IMO, Mods are more welcome than those who wish for snow and consort with racoons. The only group you speak for all have tails and like attics

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Good grief!

We got a "traitor" amongst our ranks now. A fifty MOD! What price did they offer you?

You are unworthy now!

And you'll be the first to go :p

1381b1675287c8969bcb185bd7a4d0a7_w200.gif

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Looks like a normal food source to me. Dogs and cats, maybe raccoons would be emergency.
    The Joy of Cooking used to have a more extensive section of wild game recipes, including raccoon. They were omitted from the 1997 edition, which is the one I have, but my mom has an older edition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom