NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    They intentionally ran with minimum crews, to make more money.
    It was a great plan.
    Until people retired or got hurt.
    Add in the people that randomly call off for FMLA, usually on their last day of their week.

So, as an example, when I left the BOP shop, there were 4 other senior sys-rep.
    They put in another experienced/qualified sys-rep, who just had to learn the shop, and how it operates. It's one thing knowing how to program and replace a modern instrument.
    It's another to look at a system of 1000 instruments, and diagnose which one is REALLY wrong.

Anyway, the OT was high, so one of the guys got fed up, and left.
    Well, now they had 4 shifts. 2 were senior experienced. 1 was senior, but not experienced in the shop.
    This continued until now. They have 1 senior experienced guy left.
    The senior guy learning the shop, is retiring.
    They have THREE TRAINEES.
    The trainees are on THEIR OWN. No one to teach them.

Does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

So now.. simple problems require multiple bosses to show up and stand around.
    Then they call my shop, to send over their one tech that's out.
    But now he's not covering his own area.
    So while he's working with a trainee outside his own area, something happens, and both shops go down.
    Millions of lost production (or at least $100,000 per hour minimum). If the steel is the right grade, they now lose $1 million per hour.
    Caster has a minimum two hour turn around time.
    It's a CONTINUOUS Caster. Not meant to go up and down. Just to continuously cast.

So now they've put themselves where even if they bring in 20 new people, the new people have to learn. And no one really to show them.

And that's just for systems repair.
    It's the same for millrights and motor inspectors.

And... even bosses.
    My boss looks like he's ready to quit, or die. He's the ONLY boss there. Other than a paperwork weinie that they've made start going out on the floor. But doesn't know the operation.
    And they have two employees, acting a team leaders.
    But they are still employees. Can't make a schedule. Can't pay anyone. Can't authorize anything.
    Sounds like a good time to put in your papers.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Never say never about returning, Act. :lmfao:

North Sheet had a millwright who got sick of the BS and retired with a payout, spent a couple months out and supposedly ended up getting a job as a whitehat at Cliffs for a bit and then last week I went to Crane Refresher at the training center and there he was in safety blitz for rtw.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    When you guys work your way through 3 or 4 wives and half a dozens kids who are all growd up now what else ya gunna do besides just work.... More...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Young Palawan this is why you will fail.
    You keep thinking in terms of "my", "mine", etc.. Trust me let go of the hate or it will eat you.

Everything gets cut in half. Be nice, don't yell and if you have an atty let him/her do all the talking. That is what you are paying them for. You just stfu and nod.
    Not when you stopped contributing to those funds right before being married. I let natural selection grow my funds. She's only entitled to 1 fund.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I knew a guy in the mill in his 70s. His wife got 1/2 his pension in the divorce. He said he wasn't going to retire until she died.
    When I was tryna get into railroad they warned us.

They said they all knew several people that said they were going to die working just to not share their pension.

Your pension keeps getting split up everytime you marry and divorce.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    When I was tryna get into railroad they warned us.

They said they all knew several people that said they were going to die working just to not share their pension.

Your pension keeps getting split up everytime you marry and divorce.
    I worked with a guy who was obsessed about pension and other retirement benefits. He found himself a better job at one of the cryo gas plants with more pay and better retirement plans nearly 20 years ago. I heard recently from a mutual friend that his wife caught him having an online affair with a woman in the Philippines. In the divorce, his wife ended up with half of the retirement stuff that he had coveted so much.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Young Palawan this is why you will fail.
    You keep thinking in terms of "my", "mine", etc.. Trust me let go of the hate or it will eat you.

Everything gets cut in half. Be nice, don't yell and if you have an atty let him/her do all the talking. That is what you are paying them for. You just stfu and nod.
    So true. Sit and behave and lose the power to talk. Keep your tail between your legs and walk away. Your wallet will love you for doing this.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I have two home depot gift cards that I would like to part with as home depot is no longer carrying the Ariens brand of snow blowers so I can't buy the model I want from them.

Gift card 1 = $100
    Gift card 2 = $990.94

Any takers?
    Burke’s on 30 in valpo(ish) is the best. Took great care of me on my ariens mower, sold my friend his Ariens snowblower just today and he loved them. He bought a deluxe 254cc something or other. Real service from
    Real people, no box store bs

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Burke’s on 30 in valpo(ish) is the best. Took great care of me on my ariens mower, sold my friend his Ariens snowblower just today and he loved them. He bought a deluxe 254cc something or other. Real service from

This is where I want to go trade up my Toro zero turn next year.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes that is where jedi got the first ariens that is no longer his.

Jedi missed the boat on getting an ariens from home depot last year and is now stuck with these 2 gift cards from hd who no longer sells ariens.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I guess it is Thursday. I lose track of the days.

My 1,000 handles from Amazon got delayed and will now be delivered tomorrow. I know I won't get 1000, but I'm curious how many I will get, and what Amazon will do when I call them to ask where the other 900+ handles are.

1639051274537.png

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

My 1,000 handles from Amazon got delayed and will now be delivered tomorrow. I know I won't get 1000, but I'm curious how many I will get, and what Amazon will do when I call them to ask where the other 900+ handles are.

View attachment 170786

Girl, you got too much time on your hands!

Also, good morning!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

View attachment 170786
    Wait, WUT! You have a way of contacting Amazon about a complaint that you actually get results?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wait, WUT! You have a way of contacting Amazon about a complaint that you actually get results?
    I always use the chat. They are very accommodating, and I usually get credited or refunded. A lot of times you don't really have to go through the return process. Depending on what it is, if you contact them they will just credit the item and tell you to keep it.

For these handles, I'm thinking they will just credit me the $5.99 and tell me to keep them.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I stopped in there last week for the first time to get some Toro snow blower parts. Seems like a nice place to do business. They had a decent inventory of equipment on the floor.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I always use the chat. They are very accommodating, and I usually get credited or refunded. A lot of times you don't really have to go through the return process. Depending on what it is, if you contact them they will just credit the item and tell you to keep it.

For these handles, I'm thinking they will just credit me the $5.99 and tell me to keep them.
    Yup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom