NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Do you think they intentionally run short handed or is it more a matter of not being able to hire enough replacements to keep up with attrition?
    Intentionally run short handed. The cost is less to pay overtime than it is to hire additional people due to a variety of reasons including training, but mostly benefits. The overtime employee is already getting benefits more employees means paying more benefits.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    You may want to reconsider that.
    Any increase in earnings messes with the child support calculations. Overtime really complicates this since it's not a steady amount.

And with the courts involved they will either slap you with say "xyz" of OT assumed per check or worse will ask that every quarter those OT hours be recalculated and you will see quarterly adjustments for thr OT for the child support. So every quarter you will get a nice "bill" from the courts for back payments due.

Even if you pay them on time they appear as back child support and causes chaos on paperwork.
    This could go either way. Overtime is not guaranteed. My lawyer didn't get me into a spot with an adjustable payment with incentive or overtime. I know someone who did and it was bad. Mine stayed steady, after about 6-7 years though, I did get taken back to court every year for the next 4 or 5 years. I would get a letter every July twenty somethingth. Never was adjusted. Partially cause of...... Lets just say keep copies of all correspondences...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :rofl: if you change your mind.

At least they gave YOU that option.
    On this side they played a dirty trick on our staff.
    They give us the option, because they don't have enough people already.
    So people are tired of the OT and leaving.
    Which causes more OT.
    Which causes more people to leave.

Every small thing that happens, is now causing large disruptions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Do you think they intentionally run short handed or is it more a matter of not being able to hire enough replacements to keep up with attrition?
    They intentionally ran with minimum crews, to make more money.
    It was a great plan.
    Until people retired or got hurt.
    Add in the people that randomly call off for FMLA, usually on their last day of their week.

So, as an example, when I left the BOP shop, there were 4 other senior sys-rep.
    They put in another experienced/qualified sys-rep, who just had to learn the shop, and how it operates. It's one thing knowing how to program and replace a modern instrument.
    It's another to look at a system of 1000 instruments, and diagnose which one is REALLY wrong.

Anyway, the OT was high, so one of the guys got fed up, and left.
    Well, now they had 4 shifts. 2 were senior experienced. 1 was senior, but not experienced in the shop.
    This continued until now. They have 1 senior experienced guy left.
    The senior guy learning the shop, is retiring.
    They have THREE TRAINEES.
    The trainees are on THEIR OWN. No one to teach them.

Does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

So now.. simple problems require multiple bosses to show up and stand around.
    Then they call my shop, to send over their one tech that's out.
    But now he's not covering his own area.
    So while he's working with a trainee outside his own area, something happens, and both shops go down.
    Millions of lost production (or at least $100,000 per hour minimum). If the steel is the right grade, they now lose $1 million per hour.
    Caster has a minimum two hour turn around time.
    It's a CONTINUOUS Caster. Not meant to go up and down. Just to continuously cast.

So now they've put themselves where even if they bring in 20 new people, the new people have to learn. And no one really to show them.

And that's just for systems repair.
    It's the same for millrights and motor inspectors.

And... even bosses.
    My boss looks like he's ready to quit, or die. He's the ONLY boss there. Other than a paperwork weinie that they've made start going out on the floor. But doesn't know the operation.
    And they have two employees, acting a team leaders.
    But they are still employees. Can't make a schedule. Can't pay anyone. Can't authorize anything.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have two home depot gift cards that I would like to part with as home depot is no longer carrying the Ariens brand of snow blowers so I can't buy the model I want from them.

Gift card 1 = $100
    Gift card 2 = $990.94

Any takers?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Reminds me of a process engineer years ago demanding that I discipline some of my guys for missing an alarm that was active 90% of the time on any given day. He wasn't the cause of the crappy alarm configurations, just frustrated with it like the operators. We used the same alarm panel to indicate both nuisance process alarms and the serious alarms that tell you something really bad is brewing. We went on a crusade to stamp out alarm saturation and actually had some success once I got the right people working on it.

Oh. And this wasn't a nuisance alarm.
    This would be like your sump alarm never going off.
    And then it does.
    And the alarm goes of for 9 hours.
    And you ignore it.
    Then, finally wonder why everything in the house is unpowered.
    And you find out your basement is flooded up to the stairs.
    Including your circuit breaker box.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have two home depot gift cards that I would like to part with as home depot is no longer carrying the Ariens brand of snow blowers so I can't buy the model I want from them.

Gift card 1 = $100
    Gift card 2 = $990.94

Any takers?
    Sure. I'll trade ya a raccoon in a tutu for them :rofl:

200-3.gif

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You may want to reconsider that.
    Any increase in earnings messes with the child support calculations. Overtime really complicates this since it's not a steady amount.

And with the courts involved they will either slap you with say "xyz" of OT assumed per check or worse will ask that every quarter those OT hours be recalculated and you will see quarterly adjustments for thr OT for the child support. So every quarter you will get a nice "bill" from the courts for back payments due.

Even if you pay them on time they appear as back child support and causes chaos on paperwork.
    I plan on making her agree to my 40hr schedule. I have all the chips to make her barter if she wants to get her grubby hands on my mutual funds.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I plan on making her agree to my 40hr schedule. I have all the chips to make her barter if she wants to get her grubby hands on my mutual funds.
    Young Palawan this is why you will fail.
    You keep thinking in terms of "my", "mine", etc.. Trust me let go of the hate or it will eat you.

Everything gets cut in half. Be nice, don't yell and if you have an atty let him/her do all the talking. That is what you are paying them for. You just stfu and nod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom