NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I bet it won't be easy. My dad works nights during the week and somehow manages a normal sleep schedule on the weekends and when he is on vacation.

Does U.S. steel still give out retirement watches?
    We get a "catalog" of a few items.
    I'm not really a watch person. They're not engraved or anything special.
    Also some tools and stuff. Some kitchen items.
    But most of the tools and kitchen items, I already have.

So I have to think about it.
    I have till March to decide.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county

I have family members who worked at Inland and US. Some of them "received" tools from the mills long before their retirement.

I thought your retirement was only a few weeks away. Use vacation time until March! haha

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :(

Region News Source

Expect Delays

Train vs Vehicle in Miller section of Gary near Lake & Miller and the Howard St crossing. Multiple casualties being reported at this time. Avoid the area and expect delays due to the stopped train.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Congrats! Those are good, reliable trucks. Love the blue!
    Thanks. I love the blue too. 2015 was the last year they did this blue. The new blue is dark and dull and ugly. 2015 was also the first year they did the bluetooth, backup camera, etc, so I knew 2105 was the year I wanted to get. When I found one with a clean Carfax and 43K miles on Carvana, that sealed the deal.

Saw another 2015 Frontier at a dealership in Illinois. Same pretty blue, 31K miles. Dealership was charging a premium price because of the low miles. There was a link to the Carfax in the dealership listing. Looked at the service record and saw that the mileage was 0 in 2014, 50K in 2015, 150K in 2017, and 245K in 2019. Then all of a sudden in 2021 it was 31K. Carfax is a beautiful thing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks. I love the blue too. 2015 was the last year they did this blue. The new blue is dark and dull and ugly. 2015 was also the first year they did the bluetooth, backup camera, etc, so I knew 2105 was the year I wanted to get. When I found one with a clean Carfax and 43K miles on Carvana, that sealed the deal.

Saw another 2015 Frontier at a dealership in Illinois. Same pretty blue, 31K miles. Dealership was charging a premium price because of the low miles. There was a link to the Carfax in the dealership listing. Looked at the service record and saw that the mileage was 0 in 2014, 50K in 2015, 150K in 2017, and 245K in 2019. Then all of a sudden in 2021 it was 31K. Carfax is a beautiful thing.
    So did they rebuild the engine on that other one???

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

My employer offers retirees a nice online gift catalog to select items from. There is but one catch however. It is offered only to retirees aged 62 and over with at least 20 years of service. I will retire next year with 36 years of service at the age of 58 but won't be eligible for a parting gift due to my relative youthfulness. It's not an issue for me, they have been good to me and my family all of these years. But sometimes, you just gotta wonder how they can arrive at such a stupid and insensitive policy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My employer offers retirees a nice online gift catalog to select items from. There is but one catch however. It is offered only to retirees aged 62 and over with at least 20 years of service. I will retire next year with 36 years of service at the age of 58 but won't be eligible for a parting gift due to my relative youthfulness. It's not an issue for me, they have been good to me and my family all of these years. But sometimes, you just gotta wonder how they can arrive at such a stupid and insensitive policy.

We get them on certain anniversaries. I forget which ones. Either every 5, or every 10 years.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have family members who worked at Inland and US. Some of them "received" tools from the mills long before their retirement.

I thought your retirement was only a few weeks away. Use vacation time until March! haha

No. I have till March to select my anniversary gift.
    I retire end of January. But it's all vacation in January.
    My last day of going in to work will be 30 December.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom