NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Happy weekend!

Sounds like the predictions of heavy accumulating snow are no more. Today should be dry enough to take care of some leaves. I wasn't ready for snow yet.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Long focus, short focus, left mirror, right mirror, rear view mirror, rinse repeat.

I has my worst accident ever on 30 making the trip from Valpo to Pine Island.

Traffic was flowing and I got distracted for a moment and traffic came to a dead stop in front of me.

I slammed on the breaks (no space for controlled pumping) and skidded into the rear of the car in front of me.

The lady got out and started yelling about how she had just bought the car (used, about a $1000 car in those days, not registered or insured yet) screaming "Young man you better have insurance!"

That is when I said the dumbest thing I have ever said in my life. "Dont worry Maam, I have the best insurance money can buy." Which I did.

At that point she stopped stamping around yelling, sat down in her car and started saying, "My neck, my neck." The insurance company, Alstate, paid out $26,000. this was late 80's.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Long focus, short focus, left mirror, right mirror, rear view mirror, rinse repeat.

Traffic was flowing and I got distracted for a moment and traffic came to a dead stop in front of me.

I slammed on the breaks (no space for controlled pumping) and skidded into the rear of the car in front of me.

The lady got out and started yelling about how she had just bought the car (used, about a $1000 car in those days, not registered or insured yet) screaming "Young man you better have insurance!"

That is when I said the dumbest thing I have ever said in my life. "Dont worry Maam, I have the best insurance money can buy." Which I did.

At that point she stopped stamping around yelling, sat down in her car and started saying, "My neck, my neck." The insurance company, Alstate, paid out $26,000. this was late 80's.
    If only there were cameras back in the day.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

During the polar vortex back in the winter of 2014, I couldn't stop on the ice at 30 and Hayes Leonard Rd in Valpo and T-boned an elderly couple in a Cadillac at 10-15 mph. I walked up to the passenger side their car to check on them and the first words out of the wife's mouth were "Young man, do you have insurance?" Sounds like something my Mom would have said too. Nobody got hurt and State Farm took care of everything. The Porter County deputy advised me to slow down next time but didn't cite me. I did lose my safe driving discount however.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just a heads up in case anyone wants to look at this today after the M&E. I live a couple of miles south of Schoops and a few blocks from the fairgrounds.

I also still have this.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I spent about an hour wandering the show before noon. Pretty good crowd and plenty of goods for sale. Wasn't looking for or dealing on any guns but prices looked stupidly high. Primers are still selling for $175 a brick. Saw a good amount of reasonably priced powder but didn't find what I was looking for. I did pick up some 45 ammo at a decent price.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I spent about an hour wandering the show before noon. Pretty good crowd and plenty of goods for sale. Wasn't looking for or dealing on any guns but prices looked stupidly high. Primers are still selling for $175 a brick. Saw a good amount of reasonably priced powder but didn't find what I was looking for. I did pick up some 45 ammo at a decent price.
    Only thing I picked up was a g20 mag and a ammo can.

Could buy pretty much any ammo online for less and have it shipped to my door.

A few decent deals on firearms at the dealers but all the private sellers were smoking crack. $500 for a G2C :lmfao:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The show of lever actions, .22 rifles, AR pistols with Anderson lowers, Gucci AR builds, knives, ammo gouging, and mags. But you know what, they were snatching up those AR pistols the entire time I was there. There was an INGO lower pistol build on a table in the middle if someone really wants it.

Front table had a G44 for $399, and there were a few other good prices. Unfortunately, a few items I was interested in were overpriced.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Remember the old Cadillac Sevilles?

82_seville_brn_amh_aaca2014.JPG

One time probably 25 years ago I was sitting at a light on Clevelend St in Glen Park, and there was a Seville up ahead in the lane to the right of me. A church bus (passenger minivan) came zooming up fast behind the Seville, and when he realized he wasn't going to stop in time, he tried to go around to the right. He didn't get all the way over, and his left front wheel went up the Seville's trunk like it was a ramp. The van went airborne and flipped a couple times before it landed. Fortunately there were no passengers in the van, and the driver was OK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom