• Status
    Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The plan right now is to try and show up at J-P right around opening time. We'll see how that goes. I will post a confirmation before I hit the sack tonight.

I don't plan on launching too many rounds downrange. I just need to confirm my 100 and 200 yard dope for 55 grain and 75 grain ammo. I might have my Smith Enterprise M14SA out to confirm zero on that one as well since it will be my back up rifle. I'm figuring no more than 9 rounds max of each bullet weight. To make the trip worthwile, I might bring the Ruger 10/22 as well.

That is a long drive for 18 rounds.

I have an Eotech that I have to function check and sight in my new T-1 in Larue mounts:rockwoot:.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I thought you guys might like to see good ole bob-o and his dog...

IMG_20120606_113646.jpg

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    That is a long drive for 18 rounds.

I have an Eotech that I have to function check and sight in my new T-1 in Larue mounts:rockwoot:.

With the M14SA, it comes out to 90 rounds max / 30 rounds minimum (147 grain, 168 grain, and 175 grain + the .223 ammo + 100 & 200 yard confirmations) ... at least that's what I keep telling myself. There might be an extra box or two in the bag. :rolleyes:

I know it seems like too few rounds but I will also be filling out a data card (sheet) for each ammo type. That will take a while. Jedi, was joking but he's pretty much right ... quality shots.

By the way, in case anyone is interested, there is a KD Appleseed on June 16-17 at Camp Atterbury. Deadline to sign up is June 10.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    With the M14SA, it comes out to 90 rounds max / 30 rounds minimum (147 grain, 168 grain, and 175 grain + the .223 ammo + 100 & 200 yard confirmations) ... at least that's what I keep telling myself. There might be an extra box or two in the bag. :rolleyes:

I know it seems like too few rounds but I will also be filling out a data card (sheet) for each ammo type. That will take a while. Jedi, was joking but he's pretty much right ... quality shots.

u forgot to promote that appleseed event of yours. :faint:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

Still going?

I need to go.

BTW, do you have any CR 123 batteries? I'll gladly give you some cash for them if you do.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I will be closer to Atterbury down in LVille than I am here... I won't be able to make this one (obviously) but one later in the year is a distinct posibility.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    u forgot to promote that appleseed event of yours. :faint:

Thanks ... fixed it.

By the way, in case anyone is interested, there is a KD Appleseed on June 16-17 at Camp Atterbury. Deadline to sign up is June 10.

Still going?

I need to go.

BTW, do you have any CR 123 batteries? I'll gladly give you some cash for them if you do.

Yep ... still going but now the time is up in the air. That's what happens when you have family visiting. Kids are in town this week. They ran up to Michigan today and they're still not back so plans are getting moved around now. If I go it will be a last second thing so just forget about me and go if you need to go. If I run out of time tomorrow, my only other chance will be on Wednesday of next week (I think J-P is closed on Tue's).

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I will be closer to Atterbury down in LVille than I am here... I won't be able to make this one (obviously) but one later in the year is a distinct posibility.
    I'm beginning to think you sound proud that you're moving to Luahville. Maybe we should put a hit on you before you go
    Does this mean we can all crash at your place for the Derby?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Looks like I'm taking my nephew to the range today. He graduated, well not yet, bit he just finished with school and graduates in a week or so. So I told him I'd take him shooting to celebrate. Not sure where I'm going but were going to leave portage around 11.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom