• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    So I just had a random thought. All these people who get to be on reality tv shows like the biggest loser, survivor, the real world, etc. What do these people do? Do they have jobs? How do they get months off to shoot a frickin' TV show?

Usually not very important ones. If I didn't have my son to take care of, my job isn't good enough that I wouldn't consider quitting if it got me on a national TV show.

Sometimes they have great jobs but think the opportunity is even bigger. I knew Bill Rancic who won the first season of The Apprentice. He had a hugely successful cigar business. He was a self made millionaire. But he found someone else to run his business so he could do the show, and it paid off big time for him. When he came to introduce the lady that was taking over for him, he told us he was going to the Dominican Republic for a few months to tour cigar factories and tabacco plantations etc. We didn't find out why he was really gone till the commercials started up for the show on NBC. It was trippy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I sure get my monies worth outta my amazon prime membership! :)
    :puke: They sold out to Indiana on collecting taxes!

8 shots of it... It was at the May M&S... I'll bring it again. I'm 90% for July's.
    I don't know, never have. Judging by your enthusiasm, I probably do. I'll look for the info...

:drool: :drool: I really wanna try it. i don't think I even saw it at the May Meet & Shoot.

So I just had a random thought. All these people who get to be on reality tv shows like the biggest loser, survivor, the real world, etc. What do these people do? Do they have jobs? How do they get months off to shoot a frickin' TV show?

5b45e820.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I to would like to know when people are getting together for a good cigar

Tomorrow late morning :rockwoot:

BTW, got a really interesting little cigar in the shop. Only 250 boxes were made for worldwide distribution. I got 2 of them, we already sold (actually I smoked the better part) of 1 box. The cigar is a La Gloria Cubana Artisan 538. Its small, only a 38 ring gauge and only 5" long. The wrapper is a dual flavor wrapper, the first 1/3 of the wrapper is a light Connecticut, the rear 2/3rds is Maduro. Its also a butt kicker of a little cigar and packs a whollup so its not for beginners. But boy oh boy is it a great experience. Beware, your mouth may go numb smoking this cigar, your head may spin a bit too. Not to be smoked on an empty stomach. :):

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Tomorrow late morning :rockwoot:

BTW, got a really interesting little cigar in the shop. Only 250 boxes were made for worldwide distribution. I got 2 of them, we already sold (actually I smoked the better part) of 1 box. The cigar is a La Gloria Cubana Artisan 538. Its small, only a 38 ring gauge and only 5" long. The wrapper is a dual flavor wrapper, the first 1/3 of the wrapper is a light Connecticut, the rear 2/3rds is Maduro. Its also a butt kicker of a little cigar and packs a whollup so its not for beginners. But boy oh boy is it a great experience. Beware, your mouth may go numb smoking this cigar, your head may spin a bit too. Not to be smoked on an empty stomach. :):

Enough already about those mouth numbing death sticks. You got plenty of Acids right?:laugh:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    whatever :ugh:

Oh we have some cute little flavored cigars too :pimp:

Truth be told, I have not had an Acid in about 4 months. The tabak especial cigars have been what I have been going after lately. Though I have had 5 Natural Irish Hops cigars in the last several weeks, and those are delicious.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    :puke: They sold out to Indiana on collecting taxes!
    I have no idea what you're talking about? Whenever I order from the internet anywwhere I see where tax is cheaper, home or work. Then I ship accordingly. Most stuff I order from amazon is always prime eligible, hence free two day shipping, or $3.99/item for one day...and I don't recall having paid tax on amazon.
    Hmmm... :dunno:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I hate appointments. Here I am, actually up and ready to go, but have to wait because of a 9 am appointment at the vet. I need to get Daisy's blood drawn to check her phenol levels. After that I'm guessing I'll be heading home by 930. Then I have to head to state farm and fix my billing, somehow it auto pay stopped working so I'm past due. I may just pay the 6 months left in this cycle and be done with it.

After all is said and done I should be by the 1101 around 1030 or 11.

And may I just add, this permit stuff to make property improvements is for the birds. At the edge of my property the road curves. My house sits back from the road about 25-30 feet. But the fence I'm installing on the side of the curve has to match the curve. So the fence from the edge of my house to the property line has an angle and ends up sitting 5 feet back from the front corner of the house. It's not a safety thing either, there's a tree line at the property line that comes within 4 feet of the road at the start of the curve.

Either way I can't wait till the fence is done, should be completed today or possibly tomorrow, the dogs are going to love it. So will I, they'll finally be able to run and play outside unleashed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom