Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Real clays break, the kids love that, bowling pins are cheap and seem to take 1000's of rounds (not centerfire rifle though) and the kids love to see them fall. Cheap soda cans or liters fulll and shaken are fun. Dollar store balloons are a hit also. In my experience with kids under 10 or so for the most part, they will get super frusterated with the spinner targets as they are small to hit and hard to see after a few rounds knocks off the paint/stickers.

Thanks! Even if you are south south of us. :laugh:
    But at least you did provide feedback!
    I think I will try the clay pigeons first since that seems to be the cheapest and easiest to transport.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I think I will try the clay pigeons first since that seems to be the cheapest and easiest to transport.

I wouldn't waste your money on clay target "holders". Just clothes pin them to the line or toss them on the berm is best.

South = Shooting in back yard, couldn't do that when I was in Hammond, or Merrillville without everyone getting upset. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I wouldn't waste your money on clay target "holders". Just clothes pin them to the line or toss them on the berm is best.

South = Shooting in back yard, couldn't do that when I was in Hammond, or Merrillville without everyone getting upset. :)

Well the place I'm going is a rather simple range with just a small hill of a berm. Not sure you could hand clothes pins.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    how about just a stick in the ground. The clay targets have a lip on the back and sit pretty good on a piece of wood, or a stick, or something that will hold it in the air. wood lath is cheap and would do the trick if the ground is soft.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Real clays break, the kids love that

Agreed. I took my grandnephew to the outdoor range for the first time last week. He had a blast watching them shatter. :D He seemed to have a lot more fun than shooting paper at the indoor range. :D Didn't get any shots of him busting clay pigeons, but here he is making a water bottle dance;

DII_5023pw.jpg

:D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooo only 413 more pictures to go through of Gunbunnies models....

well I guess somebody has to do it.... might as well be me...

Should have some new poster shots available at the next meet & shoot... plus Veronica is trying to come back out....

Something about wanting to see Goober shoot the Benelli 3.5 inch 12 guage magnum, or something to that effect...

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Agreed. I took my grandnephew to the outdoor range for the first time last week. He had a blast watching them shatter. :D He seemed to have a lot more fun than shooting paper at the indoor range. :D Didn't get any shots of him busting clay pigeons, but here he is making a water bottle dance;

DII_5023pw.jpg

;)

Actually, I took a half day vacation just to take him shooting outdoors, and shooting something bigger than .22;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...took_my_grandnephew_to_the_outdoor_range.html

Very cool! Good on ya for spending time with him and teaching him these things now!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, box of clays run around $10.00. Remind me at the next M&S and i'll give you some if you need them.

Thanks and how many come in a box? :dunno:

At the hospital.

We'll have a new baby soon!

oh no another mouth to feed. ;) Oh wait we are not in post-SHTF world yet.

Yuppie, Yuppie!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:Another baby. Hurry up and make more.
    My SS checks will depend on millions of young suckers working while I collect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom