• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    College is a different animal than high school.
    You have to do more thinking. Teachers don't spoon feed you.
    They expect you to do your own work.
    And, there's more to research.
    A " B" is still good. She'll be back up at "A"s pretty soon.

She is learning that college is very different, not only is there no spoon feeding of materials, there are no parents to push you along. She is taking the responsibility very seriously and stepping up to the challenge. She's one of 40 high school kids chosen for a summer program, all are thrown into regular college courses. They are segregated in a special dorm because they are underage so there is a cerfew, etc. but during the day they are 100% integrated into the college experience, in fact the professors don't know if the kids are in college or if they are one of the high school scholars students.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hi-cap is a must (well, ok a need). All of my other pistols (all two of them) are 7+1 or 8+1. I'd like to be able to get high capacity and spare mags cheap.

Not that keltec mags aren't cheap, but I don't want to carry a load of spare mags when I'm carrying the P3AT. The point with that gun is its small, VERY concealable and slips into a pocket.

The 457 in .45 is ok but again its 7+1 and mags are rare as rocking horse dung as are holsters and everything else.

I'll think about a glock.... .... ... ... but I like how thin the Ruger is... for a high cap "large frame" gun.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I've never seen a used one for sale. And I looked longer than you. Even if you find one, it won't be priced as low as the one I sent you. And then, it might be one of the early releases that had issues, and it won't have the threaded barrell. ;)

As much as you've drooled over it, you might consider breaking tradition, and buying it new.

Again, that is the best price I've ever seen. :D

Thanks for the link. I have been looking and you are right about trying to find a used one. They are hard to come by. But I am in no big hurry when I have yours to shoot. ;)

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    How much does a box of shooting clay cost and how many are in a box?
    Trying to determine if I should get

DOBSG3.jpg

Cabela's: Do-All Impact Seal Big Gong Target
    $20
    or
    Do-all-autoreset-350.jpg

Cabela's: Do-All .22 Auto Reset Target
    $35
    or
    78860.jpg

Cabela's: Do-All Outdoors Impact-Seal Pigeon Perch
    3 for $20 but need the clays

What do you think a 7 year old would like best?
    To shoot a plastic target (gong) or shoot steel or clays?
    I'm thinking the steel as that will make the most noise and have the best visual effect?

as shown here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ONzFZSjtQ

Comments, suggestions?

Real clays break, the kids love that, bowling pins are cheap and seem to take 1000's of rounds (not centerfire rifle though) and the kids love to see them fall. Cheap soda cans or liters fulll and shaken are fun. Dollar store balloons are a hit also. In my experience with kids under 10 or so for the most part, they will get super frusterated with the spinner targets as they are small to hit and hard to see after a few rounds knocks off the paint/stickers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom