NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, another day alive. Don't think we got too much in Merrillville for snow, or it all melted before I got home.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They are annoying little dogs. My daughter has one. He barks. Barks. BARKS. All the time. All the FV(#!%@ time. Enjoy your corgi. Wonderful breed, such a pleasant little dog.
    They area working dog, very high strung and impatient when sedentary, I know the feeling. 64 years young and haven't been able to work much for two years.

I cannot wait to get my other knee done.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've ran into a few, I know how they are lol. Settled on corgis because their size and temperament are similar to Pickles, my current dog. The original idea was a big dog to ward off any potential coyotes but now I figure I'll just shoot them and the dog I get will just be a companion and appropriate sized play pal for Pickles.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've ran into a few, I know how they are lol. Settled on corgis because their size and temperament are similar to Pickles, my current dog. The original idea was a big dog to ward off any potential coyotes but now I figure I'll just shoot them and the dog I get will just be a companion and appropriate sized play pal for Pickles.
    You probably won't see many coyotes. In areas where you can shoot them, they learn to not be seen. I've seen exactly one during the day in 16 years, and only a handful at night when my LGDs let me know they are near. Of course they don't come very close much anymore because of the LGDs.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had one when I was young, we had to get rid of him because we couldn't afford to feed him.

When he hit you with his wagging tail, it was like a baseball bat.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had one when I was young, we had to get rid of him because we couldn't afford to feed him.

When he hit you with his wagging tail, it was like a baseball bat.
    Long story but I'll try to keep it short. Years ago a friend was in the middle of a nasty divorce and had a restraining order on her husband. She wanted a dog for protection but could not afford it. We went to a rescue in in Beecher, picked out a nice dog, maybe a Rott mix. Looked mean but very sweet tempered. I paid the adoption fee.

She kept the dog one night and then decided she didn't want a dog after all. We took it back to the rescue one day after adopting and they would not refund the adoption fee. Since he was already paid for, I said I would take him home. He was great with our smaller dogs and with my mom, but he was such a big doofus that every time he wagged his tail near my mom, he knocked her over. I had to take him back.

1612989248372.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom