Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Is it time to shorten the Honey-Do list or take a nap time? I like the second one better.

The wife is off getting a massage. It's well deserved since she's had to do a little more since I'm still recovering and have appointments. I'm relaxing watching bid, fat snowflakes fall.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That was not snow. That was just frozen rain.
    This *is* snow....

images

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just got done meeting with the project manager going over final details. The estimated basement completion date will be the 2nd weekend in February. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! :rockwoot:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah not as much as I should probably. I'm just being a dick because I know you guys over there would do terrible and shameful things to see a 280 incentive day

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah not as much as I should probably. I'm just being a dick because I know you guys over there would do terrible and shameful things to see a 280 incentive day

1st, there is always the danger they shut the place down. Never say, "They'll never do that". They said the same about South Works. There is no more South Works.

2nd, be prepared for a strike. We haven't had one since the 80s. Cause everyone complains about the contract, but then they don't want to do anything because they have a new house, new car, and putting the kid through college. But that doesn't mean it will always be that way.

3rd, sick leave pays better than nothing, but it will be a severe kick in the pants if you go on it for a few months. It only pays a percentage of your base pay, at 40 hours. No sunday pay, no overtime pay, no holiday pay, no incentive pay. The money I got for sick pay, basically covered a little better than all the dang co-pays I had for doctors. And, as you get older, your chance of needing sick pay will go up. Or just the longer you work there, the more chances you'll have something happen to you to put you out the gate for awhile.

4th, discipline. Even if you're a model employee, you'll encounter a mini-Hitler sooner or later. I was given 5 days off (during 12 hour days) for "failure to perform assigned task". The "assigned task" was working under a suspended load. Working on a suspended load is a violation of the "cardinal sins", which you get fired for. So I was given 60 hours loss of pay, for not breaking a rule that gets you fired.

There's more, probably.
    But, you need to save.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I just check my hours. To tell the truth, I don't know what I've made for incentive. Since I finally got Caster Incentive, it's more than it was before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom