d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I musta missed something driving home this morning.
    I wasn't buried in snow.
    It really wasn't that cold out, if you wore correct clothing.

Dont think there was any cancellations anywhere this morning. Today was perfectly fine. They're cancelling tomorrow because of the windchills in the morning -20 to -30. Still see no reason to cancel but they make you have a computer nowadays for school so may as well take advantage i guess, and do a e-learning day. Im thinking if they cancelled for tomorrow they may cancel all next week with what's being forecasted, because its gonna be a hell of a lot colder middle of next week if the forecast holds true.

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    I think children would be better prepared for life if they had to attend school no matter what the weather is . Just my 2cents

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dont think there was any cancellations anywhere this morning. Today was perfectly fine. They're cancelling tomorrow because of the windchills in the morning -20 to -30. Still see no reason to cancel but they make you have a computer nowadays for school so may as well take advantage i guess, and do a e-learning day. Im thinking if they cancelled for tomorrow they may cancel all next week with what's being forecasted, because its gonna be a hell of a lot colder middle of next week if the forecast holds true.

Parents send their kids not prepared for the cold.
    And kids don't want to look "uncool". Cause blue looks cool.
    So we have to bend society for those people.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Parents send their kids not prepared for the cold.
    And kids don't want to look "uncool". Cause blue looks cool.
    So we have to bend society for those people.

I agree. Its ridiculous. My daughter is mad because they cancelled. She loves going to school and could care less about the weather.
    I think its the parents that complain more than anything.

Really tomorrow wont be that bad. Next Wednesday and Thursday morning though, if this forecast holds up, I just may call off work myself. My bones are starting to not like this really cold s**t anymore! High of -13 and low of -23 with wind chills around -50. Now thats freaking cold!

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    Very true, unfortunately as they enter the workforce they are soo unprepared. I have never before witnessed people calling off work because it is SUPPOSED to snow, now that is funny to me maybe not the boss though.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Very true, unfortunately as they enter the workforce they are soo unprepared. I have never before witnessed people calling off work because it is SUPPOSED to snow, now that is funny to me maybe not the boss though.

Quite a few schools cancelled Wednesday because of the POSSIBILITY of weather later in the afternoon that day. I was suprised Hobart wasnt one of them. Turned out to be nothing of course.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I understand if the school furnace is broke.
    Or there's an insurmountable amount of snow.
    Or some other circumstances.

But so far, this is just an ordinary winter.
    Nothing special.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Actually warmer than normal and with less snow!

Will be real close to record setting lows this upcoming week. Just a few days of that will bring those average temps back into the normal average range. As far as snow goes, who knows. Some of the biggest storms have come in March in recent memory. Still a long way to go yet.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    With the afore mentioned über-cold talk, if anyone needs a warm place to sleep (like if your furnace takes a dump), I currently own 2 homes. The new one I'm still moving in :rolleyes:, and the one in Portage I'm moving out of and cleaning up for sale. Obviously it is not listed yet, but if you have a blow up mattress or can rough it in a sleeping bag, I can help you out. Oh, &, buy my house. :stickpoke:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    With the afore mentioned über-cold talk, if anyone needs a warm place to sleep (like if your furnace takes a dump), I currently own 2 homes. The new one I'm still moving in :rolleyes:, and the one in Portage I'm moving out of and cleaning up for sale. Obviously it is not listed yet, but if you have a blow up mattress or can rough it in a sleeping bag, I can help you out. Oh, &, buy my house. :stickpoke:

Nice gesture on your part :+1:

Tried to rep you but got the famous "you must spread some rep around before giving It to Ballstater again"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

My oven, garage heater, and propane heater are keeping me toasty.
    But, I do need to look at my furnace.
    Maybe I'll have enough sleep tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom