Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

We'll see, hadn't heard anything yet. I will probably go in, because if I wait for them, then its another hour plus depending on the trains before I can get to work. If I am already there, then I can start pretty dang quick. I wonder if my ID card works still????

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We'll see, hadn't heard anything yet. I will probably go in, because if I wait for them, then its another hour plus depending on the trains before I can get to work. If I am already there, then I can start pretty dang quick. I wonder if my ID card works still????

Work told me one time that they'd reset my card on Saturday at 8. Problem is, I was supposed to start at 5.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Work told me one time that they'd reset my card on Saturday at 8. Problem is, I was supposed to start at 5.

At least in my case, there are a lot of others that are in the same boat, so it's not just me. Granted, now I am going to have to remember at least half a dozen passwords.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At least in my case, there are a lot of others that are in the same boat, so it's not just me. Granted, now I am going to have to remember at least half a dozen passwords.

Better start thinking of them now.
    Before I went back, after 4.5 months off, I made sure I remembered my locker combo.
    Fortunately, I had those locks probably over 15 years. And it's a 3 lock set with the same combo.
    So... I did remember.

Combos to locked motor control rooms.. Not so much.
    I even had to try to remember some people's names. A couple I had to go look at the schedule to remember the name. My memory sucks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    oh dont worry it looks like in 3 weeks they will shut it back down again. this might bw the new normal for a while. forget the contining resolutions..

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just stripped off the 15 year old heat tape on my water pipes, because I had a freeze up last night.

Went to Menard's and bought a new one, pipe insulation and a couple roles of electrical tape.

When I went to unplug the old one I found that the guys that installed the new water meter had unpluged it and left it. The tapes are supposed to be replaced every 5 years so no problem.

To make a long story short I now have a 30/60 thousand BTU propane salamander that is available is anyone's heat is out.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    oh dont worry it looks like in 3 weeks they will shut it back down again. this might bw the new normal for a while. forget the contining resolutions..

Oh, I do believe that too. I foresee another shutdown again too in 3 weeks. It's not like they didn't know it was coming before Christmas. Oh well. Mongo is a pawn in the game of life.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I just stripped off the 15 year old heat tape on my water pipes, because I had a freeze up last night.

Went to Menard's and bought a new one, pipe insulation and a couple roles of electrical tape.

When I went to unplug the old one I found that the guys that installed the new water meter had unpluged it and left it. The tapes are supposed to be replaced every 5 years so no problem.

To make a long story short I now have a 30/60 thousand BTU propane salamander that is available is anyone's heat is out.

So it's headed to act's? :lmfao:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If he says so. He is pretty independent.

My neighbor has no heat and I offered it to them and they said no.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sitting in my room. No blanket. Almost ready to take my sweatshirt off because I've got it so warm.

I can't seem to figure out how to remove my flame sensor. The mounted the damn thing in the middle of the furnace, behind stuff.
    I think I can get some steel wool in their to try to clean it in place.
    I'm not sure that's the problem, but it seems to be the recommendation to start with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I've had that problem at work. With various equipment. Doesn't work. Go look. Some idiot unplugged it so they could recharge their phone or plug in a work light. And then couldn't be bothered with plugging it in.
    :xmad:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, while looking at my furnace, I heard a clicking, somewhere else in the garage.
    Track it down... it's the freezer trying to start.
    It wasn't.

Everything inside... yuch!!!!

Fortunately I don't need it. I used it mostly when I had roommates. Now I don't.
    Anyone want a freezer? It's free. Fix it and use it. Fix it and sell it. I don't care.
    Might just be a starting cap, or a motor.
    I don't know.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    WTF.
    It looks like in order to remove the flame sensor, the ENTIRE BURNER ASSEMBLY MUST BE REMOVED.
    What kind of idiot designed that?

Obviously one that's never worked on a furnace.

Well, off to try the steel wool ideal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom