• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Nothing like camping in the snow. I actually used to enjoy it. The only time I didn't I had learned Jungle boots SUCK for winter. Cold metal plate in the bottom, holes all over. My feet froze. After that, got a different set of leather boots and was great.

I had jungle boots when I was a boy scout back in the 1970's. Never thought something designed for the tropics was right for winter! But when I was a Scout leader, one of the other adults thought his old broken-in Navy steel-toed boots would be good for a winter hike... Didn't make that mistake again...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I had jungle boots when I was a boy scout back in the 1970's. Never thought something designed for the tropics was right for winter! But when I was a Scout leader, one of the other adults thought his old broken-in Navy steel-toed boots would be good for a winter hike... Didn't make that mistake again...

Yep. One time frozen feet, never again. Hell, even found polypro socks later in life. I use those too when it gets cold and I will be outside for a while.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, those aren't insulated. Then again, neither are jungle boots.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Has anyone started the list yet to have snow delivered to Jedi's house this weekend?

No.
    But sitting in Ford for awhile getting my tire sensors checked, and they were showing doom and gloom on the TV.
    Motivated me to get off my butt, and start taking down Christmas lights finally. 1/2 way through my vacation.
    Hopefully finish tomorrow.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No.
    But sitting in Ford for awhile getting my tire sensors checked, and they were showing doom and gloom on the TV.
    Motivated me to get off my butt, and start taking down Christmas lights finally. 1/2 way through my vacation.
    Hopefully finish tomorrow.

My lights are staying put till the next 40+ degree, sunny day!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    We will see what Mother Nature has in store for us this weekend.

Snowfall predictions for my area are down a bit now. About half of what they were yesterday, but the key word is PREDICTIONS. The thing not really accounted for is the wind as I continue to see relatively high winds and have heard this is supposed to be a "dry" snow so would expect a lot of blowing and drifting.

Having said that, the winds are predicted to be out of the east so maybe our snow will blow to Jedi's house? :) . (Well, probably not since the winds are really ENE, NE and NNE, so...)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    All about the lake effect...

Closing on the new house this afternoon. I usually root for snow, but in this case it can stay away this weekend or be really light.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    fake news
    it will be just a dusting
    jedi dreams of a blizzard like '78 just like some of you dream of a '85 chicago bears team. sadly neither will come.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom