Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Went out and bought a new back pack blower. Boy does it blow. Was able to get 3/4 the yard done in half the time it took with the handheld. Still debating how fast it's doing with the big leaf pile but seems to be moving it faster too.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Went out and bought a new back pack blower. Boy does it blow. Was able to get 3/4 the yard done in half the time it took with the handheld. Still debating how fast it's doing with the big leaf pile but seems to be moving it faster too.
    Did you get the 150BT? Kinda kicking myself for not, but it'll probably be on sale again soon. Might hit the STHIL dealer to see what they have going on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For a while I worked grounds at Hyles-Anderson College. We has 150 big oak trees and hundreds of smaller trees. I was the low man on the totem pole, so it was my job to spend 8+ hours a day for about a week mulching leaves.

One year the administration scheduled me to be in a conference at exactly the time I should be doing this. This worrier me all the time I was in the conference. It was my responsibility to make sure the campus was pristine.

When I got back from the conference, to my surprise, joy and awe, the campus looked perfect. G-d had brought up a South West Wind and blown every leaf off the campus.

I did feel sorry for the neighbors to the North East.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    For a while I worked grounds at Hyles-Anderson College. We has 150 big oak trees and hundreds of smaller trees. I was the low man on the totem pole, so it was my job to spend 8+ hours a day for about a week mulching leaves.

One year the administration scheduled me to be in a conference at exactly the time I should be doing this. This worrier me all the time I was in the conference. It was my responsibility to make sure the campus was pristine.

When I got back from the conference, to my surprise, joy and awe, the campus looked perfect. G-d had brought up a South West Wind and blown every leaf off the campus.

I did feel sorry for the neighbors to the North East.
    Your loss their gain. Isn't it better to give than receive?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Time to fire up the blower soon and relocate some leaf litter before the rain later. Too bad my leaves don't seem to blow away into other neighbor's yards like theirs do.

I had one of my most busy days in the last two months.
    Leaf collection is a lot easier with the leaf vacuum my Dad and I got for the riding mower.
    Only strain was when I used the hose attachment to get leaves out of reach of the mower. That put a strain on the back.
    Cleaned some of the gutters out.
    Stopped to help a neighbor put his snowblower on his riding mower.

Now I hurt.

Hopefully it stays dry another day so that I can finish the gutter tomorrow.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I had one of my most busy days in the last two months.
    Leaf collection is a lot easier with the leaf vacuum my Dad and I got for the riding mower.
    Only strain was when I used the hose attachment to get leaves out of reach of the mower. That put a strain on the back.
    Cleaned some of the gutters out.
    Stopped to help a neighbor put his snowblower on his riding mower.

Now I hurt.

Hopefully it stays dry another day so that I can finish the gutter tomorrow.

65% chance of rain tomorrow. Off and on all day it looks

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    65% chance of rain tomorrow. Off and on all day it looks

Well, the leaves are off the grass, that's the important thing. The vacuum doesn't work on wet leaves as well.
    The leaves in the gutter aren't as important. I have to scoop them out anyway, wet or dry. So I can work on that inbetween rain.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    First high school fencing tournament of the year is now history. One of the girls I help coach won the GOLD medal. I don't take credit for her skill, she's been fencing 7 years, so at best i'm just giving advice and helping with tactics at this point. Still it was great to have her take 1st place medal.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    First high school fencing tournament of the year is now history. One of the girls I help coach won the GOLD medal. I don't take credit for her skill, she's been fencing 7 years, so at best i'm just giving advice and helping with tactics at this point. Still it was great to have her take 1st place medal.

:yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom