Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Atlas Transmission is the one recommended by my college mechanic (Jerry) (219) 322-2299. The manager is Wally Ferris, he is a big bear of a guy. they are in the $1200 - $1500 range. They are on 30 just west of 41 on the North side of the road.

There is one in St. John in the $2500 - $3000 range. That may be the shop that CTC recommended Jerry said that you can eat off their floor.

If it is a beater or you do not expect to keep it long the one on Ridge road in Gary is in the $950 -$1000 range. They use new seals, bit will use used parts. I had a friend that used them and his tranny was good til the day he got another car several years later.

All of this info is from a 40+ year mechanic with ASC cert for that long. I trust him implicitly.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is always tomorrow! Another day another... what is it the democrats pay for a vote?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Time to fire up the blower soon and relocate some leaf litter before the rain later. Too bad my leaves don't seem to blow away into other neighbor's yards like theirs do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom