• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Pretty much convinced all these Halloween parties, trunk or treat events, etc. prior to Halloween are just killing the day. The massive attendance tonight was not there. You could see it, and I was dumping handfulls. I still have a ****ton.
    Fire department did show up at the neighbor's who is the town head mechanic (as I was with the kid BSing) and do their annual passing out glow necklaces ( while chucking glow necklaces on the roof.) Haha
    We had a fair amount of kids and the wife said there were some who came back a second time. She figured there wasn't a lot of houses giving out candy in neighborhood. Also not the amount of previous years and didn't even go thru two bags of candy.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Pretty much convinced all these Halloween parties, trunk or treat events, etc. prior to Halloween are just killing the day. The massive attendance tonight was not there. You could see it, and I was dumping handfulls. I still have a ****ton.
    Fire department did show up at the neighbor's who is the town head mechanic (as I was with the kid BSing) and do their annual passing out glow necklaces ( while chucking glow necklaces on the roof.) Haha
    We handed out zero. Thought we had one, lol, it was my dad dropping off something. Another year. Like you said, so many other events and also think it is because people are too scared to do anything outside anymore.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We had some, but not a lot. Those who did come were very timid. Kids used to bang on the door and yell "trick or treat", and now they barely tap on it and run away if you don't appear at the door in 1.5 seconds. I saw several groups of kids who had already headed back down the driveway by the time I got off the couch and got to the door.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Took the daughter out as usual. She probably came home with 15# of candy. Walked the neighborhood for the full 2 hours

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    We had one of the biggest turn out in my neighborhood in a long time. It was crazy trying to walk down the sidewalks with all the families.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Anyone know of an honest transmission shop? '03 Tundra started doing some goofy downshifts when resuming on cruise control, then yesterday it was protesting when i tried accelerating at highway speeds.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Anyone know of an honest transmission shop? '03 Tundra started doing some goofy downshifts when resuming on cruise control, then yesterday it was protesting when i tried accelerating at highway speeds.
    Unless it's changed, don't use the one on 61st by I65. Bad ripoff. Had issues they fixed later but over charged and issues after. Avoid them.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    A lot of people bus to “nicer” or “younger” neighborhoods. Our neighborhood gets blasted with a ton of people that we know don’t live there. Most houses give out candy, and give out the good stuff. It’s gotten “worse” with people bussing in.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A lot of people bus to “nicer” or “younger” neighborhoods. Our neighborhood gets blasted with a ton of people that we know don’t live there. Most houses give out candy, and give out the good stuff. It’s gotten “worse” with people bussing in.

They used to do that to my neighborhood.
    Cause the parents could drop the kids off at the entrance, the kids would walk around the block, which is the only block. So the kids would end right back at the parents at the beginning.
    But, it kinda stopped.

I didn't mind. The cost of some bags of candy to make a kids day.
    And I'd dress up, usually scare the kids.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Most likely scared them less than if you had not dressed up, but at least you dressed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...-aFpfG-CTqxRvI88JtqTLmcYJ6Str0Nb_E5c6x7e0DESY
    1604843_10152248547014413_1811769438_n.jpg

The Times of Northwest Indiana13 hrs ·

Either 118 or 122 voters cast their ballots early this past Saturday morning in Portage.
    Because of a mistake by poll workers, those voters are being asked to vote again. If they don't, the original ballots will be considered provisional and counted only after Election Day results are in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom