• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Alright, which one of you OC'd at Lake central on Friday? Anti-gunners are triggered. waaa2

Let me start by reiterating that the safety and security of our students and staff are ‎of utmost importance. Lake Central School Corporation maintains a comprehensive safety plan and our administrators coordinate closely with municipal emergency management and law enforcement officials to monitor and update plans on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, after the end of the school day last Friday, an incident occurred that remains under review but which was not handled in a manner consistent with our safety plans. I reach out to you to dispel potential misinformation and to provide assurances about student safety in our building. The incident involved a community member coming ‎onto the school campus, exiting his vehicle and approaching an open area of the building where students were present. This individual had a side arm that was visible to those in the area. He returned the gun to his car, then returned to the building to discuss an issue with our teacher.

For reasons that we still do not understand, the teacher did not notify administration or local police about this incident.

‎The administration was not made aware of it until well after all students had left for the day.

We appreciate the student who told his parent who then notified administration.‎ Over the weekend and today, we continue to investigate the matter. Any individuals involved in this occurrence and failing to adhere to the School Corporation's safety plans and protocols will be held responsible according ‎School Board policy and relevant law.

We ask that all families discuss with all students the importance of sharing with a trusted adult any time weapons are seen at our schools or any time they feel threatened by the actions of others. "See something, hear something, say something" remains one of our best defenses against threats to school safety.

Is this a crime or is putting it away in the parking lot okay in Indiana? I don't hang around schools.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    What kind of charges should someone expect if they simply forgot to unholster and take several steps within a school parking lot? I couldn't find any obvious answer.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What kind of charges should someone expect if they simply forgot to unholster and take several steps within a school parking lot? I couldn't find any obvious answer.

Looks like a level 6 felony more than likely if you get out of your vehicle with it. Class A misdemeanor if you leave it in your car where it can be seen.
    Being its Lake county i wouldnt want to find out. Im sure they'll try and throw the book at him/her.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Looks like a level 6 felony more than likely if you get out of your vehicle with it. Class A misdemeanor if you leave it in your car where it can be seen.
    Being its Lake county i wouldnt want to find out. Im sure they'll try and throw the book at him/her.
    Good golly that seems a bit extreme for a rather minor mistake that would not logically lead to any harm. I mean a nutjob hell bent on murder and mayhem isn't worried about a level 6 felony. I don't see such a law as preventing exactly what they want to prevent.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    the law WAS modified in our favor a few years back.
    before it was ZERO guns on school property and school property was/is buildings, parking lot, grass area, etc. bascially anything after the street.

indiana congress changed it under a lot of whinny to allow a gun to be inside a car parked on school property. we really wanted the removal of the gun free zone but the congress critters played it safe and went for this baby step first.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Muncie is possibly the worst for this. It's a hot spot for parking trains, hopping off and grabbing lunch for 30 minutes, then finally moving.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Trains have mechanical issues it may take me as little as 5 min to arrive or up to an hr. After it may take me as little as 10 min to hours to fix or get the car set out. Trains behind and forward if a double main have to stop and where they stop is where they stop till dispatch can route the traffic.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What is with all the mosquitos!?

Muncie is possibly the worst for this. It's a hot spot for parking trains, hopping off and grabbing lunch for 30 minutes, then finally moving.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

:rofl:
    "you people" mayor saud the judges are out of touch with what the people want, ie stopping trains from blocking the street.

what a dummy the judges had no choixe as the feds passed a new law which killed the indiana law. clueless as usual the "you people" mayor. he also said that the tickets the hammond police gave where not a deterant to the railroad companies up here. so u r complaining that you cant give them more tickets but u also admit it did no good to give them tickets to solve to problem. hum... oh wait its cause the tickets brought u money for your slush fund!!!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Trains have mechanical issues it may take me as little as 5 min to arrive or up to an hr. After it may take me as little as 10 min to hours to fix or get the car set out. Trains behind and forward if a double main have to stop and where they stop is where they stop till dispatch can route the traffic.

Mechanical, safety, and such are fine. Watching a guy block traffic, walk into a restaurant, sit down and order lunch while motorists have no alternate route was my issue. Glad I didn't have a medical emergency. I don't know if this still goes on down there, but I'm wagering it does.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What is with all the mosquitos!?

Because we just have to charge someone with something. :rolleyes:

duh!!!!
    you are NOT thinking of the children!
    that sidearm could have fallen off his hip and started shooting by itself. hundreds of rounds could have gone off. besides a snowflake saw it and thus now that snowflake is going to have nightmares and need anxiety meds for life because the snowflake saw a real live sidearm, like in real life not tv dude.

like right here in their safe place a real sidearm! oh my goooooddsnneessss like panic attack....
    :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom